How to hang it....

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Gus
Organisation: Not yet.
Interests: Off road motorcycling; Youth work; Watching sport - motocross; speedway and rugby mainly.

How to hang it....

Post by Gus »

Hi, I am looking for some advice on suitable ways to hang a 900 x 550 box frame.
I have framed some Springbok rugby caps and photos which do not have any weight themselves, but the box frame (110 deep), glass etc makes it quite a package. (I have not weighed it yet - just after some of your thoughts at this stage).

I would be grateful for any advice on how to attach a hanging system for it (I will not be actually hanging it on my clients wall myself).
Would d rings and cord be ok?
I have heard of the 'z' strips but never used them - and I am using Art back for the backing, should I upgrade to 2 or 3mm MDF (more weight)?

Thank you for you comments.
Roboframer

Re: How to hang it....

Post by Roboframer »

Double hole 'D' rings and cord (wire here) should be fine, but there's plenty of stronger options in the Lion catalogue if you feel you need them.
Gus
Organisation: Not yet.
Interests: Off road motorcycling; Youth work; Watching sport - motocross; speedway and rugby mainly.

Post by Gus »

Many thanks Robo, you've put my mind at ease. I am using some posh glass and the caps are from 1903 era - so didn't want the frame to fall off the wall because I used the wrong stuff!
prospero

Post by prospero »

There are plenty of hanging options. Being something that protrudes from the wall, it would be neater (and more secure) to use mirror plates or similar. This does make hanging more involved than just knocking a couple of nails in the wall though. I would have a conflab with the customer to asertain whether they are OK with drilling walls (or knows someone who is).
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
grahamdown
Organisation: The Village Framer
Interests: Photography, Mountainbiking

Post by grahamdown »

Hi,

Probably too late but just got back from holiday and saw your posting. I've just framed a chines scroll which was 2100mm x 600mm and used the z bars from Lion's which worked really well.

Graham