Friday 13th

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
markw

Friday 13th

Post by markw »

Having seen the back of Easter I was desperatley trying to catch up with work to be collected on saturday. What a time for a major bit of kit to go wrong. Cassese underpinner started crushing mouldings. New machine, what can the problem be? Looking inside the cabinet bit of the stand there are air lines going in every direction. Ah - one airline just hanging loose - jump to the obvious answer, it must have disconnected. Could I find the connector - nope.

Quick call to Ashworth & Thompson who supplied the machine - " I think an airline has come loose" . Its supposed to be loose - ah well that explains why I cant find a missing connector.

Adjust the pressure switch says Kevin - A&Ts technical chap - no spanner small enough I fiddle with all the bits associated with the pressure switch only to find a large locknut has come loose - I have a big enough spanner for that - tightened up the machine stops crushing and goes back to smooth production.

I now know a little more about my underpinner - wont be fooled by the disconnected airline, and will definitely check the large locknut on the pressure switch assembly.

It really just goes to show that you need to have a fairly good understanding of the mechanical devices used - and good technical back up. Not sure what I would have done if I hadn't been able to fix the UP.
Bill Henry
Organisation: Not so much - it's kind of messy.
Interests: Dry mounting dog hair, counting age spots on old people, playing chess with wood elves, scheming to take over the world.

Post by Bill Henry »

Be careful.

Friday the 13th comes on a Sunday next month.
Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent! – Porky Pine
markw

Post by markw »

Keep taking the tablets Bill - When it arrives - Sunday/Friday 13th wont seem so bad.