Hertfordshire/Essex support group sought!

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
CalicoFraming
Organisation: Calico Framing
Interests: Picture framing, fine art

Hertfordshire/Essex support group sought!

Post by CalicoFraming »

Hi all,

Still endeavouring to learn my trade and wondered if any friendly framers local to me would be open to me dropping in from time to time for a bit of advice. I'm based in Bishops Stortford.

In return, and if it's any use to you, I'm a very experienced desk top publishing operator/ graphic designer, which means I can help/advise with the preparation of printed material (marketing collateral, for example) and I know the graphics software really well, so for example can create bespoke designs for computerized mountcutters.

Here's hoping!

All the best,
Calico
The Jolly Good Framer #1

Re: Hertfordshire/Essex support group sought!

Post by The Jolly Good Framer #1 »

I'm a little further-a-field but you're more than welcome to drop in any time.
the framing lady
Organisation: The Framing Lady
Interests: gilding, framing, gardening

Post by the framing lady »

Hi Calico

I'm not a very experienced framer by any means - been in business for just over a year - but I'm fairly close by. If you ever found yourself near Hitchin you'd be more than welcome to pop by the workshop for a cuppa and a chat. Always find it good to swap ideas and experience - just dragged my husband round a tour of West End galleries and framing shops!

Cheers,

Anna-Marie
Gus
Organisation: Not yet.
Interests: Off road motorcycling; Youth work; Watching sport - motocross; speedway and rugby mainly.

Post by Gus »

Hi Calico,
Have we met(?)
I am also a little further afield, based in Watford and Hemel areas. You are welcome to drop by and have a coffee anytime. I am wondering if there is any merit in getting a pub social evening organised - maybe somewhere central to those who have responded - Welwyn area? - to chat and talk thru problems / ideas / (war stories!) etc.

Let me know if you or anyone else is interested, see if we can arrange something.....
CalicoFraming
Organisation: Calico Framing
Interests: Picture framing, fine art

Post by CalicoFraming »

Hi guys,
thanks for the replies.
Gus, yes we've met! I brought my mitre guillotine down to you one time - remember? And I like the idea of getting together sometime, only problem is finding the time - I'm working dawn till dusk these days - but maybe we could hold the thought?
Framing Lady, thanks for the invite. Likewise, if you're in the Stortford area, look me up.
Nice to hear from you all,
Calico