WANTED - Cassese underpinner

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
tawny owl
Organisation: The Valentine Gallery, Dorset
Interests: Full time portrait and commission artist. Gallery owner.

WANTED - Cassese underpinner

Post by tawny owl »

Hi, I'm after a 2nd hand Cassese underpinner, good working order, I'm in Dorset and can collect anywhere from the South West, up to London/South Wales. On a bit of a tight budget... any ideas?
tawny owl
Organisation: The Valentine Gallery, Dorset
Interests: Full time portrait and commission artist. Gallery owner.

Re: WANTED - Cassese underpinner

Post by tawny owl »

Or maybe a pistorius? having heard that they can be good.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: WANTED - Cassese underpinner

Post by Not your average framer »

I mentioned the manual Pistaurus to Annabelle as a reasonable underpinner which can be found at lower prices secondhand and as these machines are so durable, a working one in fairly good condition and at a low price is a fairly good option to consider. One of the main reasons for suggesting the Pistaurus is that they often turn up at a cheap price and are relatively unbreakable.

I think I'd better qualify that by saying that the cassesse is a much more modern design and in a completely different class compared to the Pistaurus and therefore less easy to find at such a cheap price when secondhand.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer