framing cd

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
michelle
Organisation: Blackcab Studio
Interests: Driving my 1965 Bedford Dormobile.

framing cd

Post by michelle »

I have tried a search but can't find any tips or methods for framing CD' s. Is anyone able to talk me through the best way of framing a CD and signed booklet that comes with it. Or point me in the direction of a suitable link.
many thanks
Michelle
markw

Post by markw »

Your problem is one of holding the cd and booklet in place whilst creating a pleasing design. CD I would cut a reverse bevel circle just big enough to trap the CD - booklet I would fasten to a board using acid free paper to hold down the back page - spacing a mount away from the backing board - this top mount would also have the reverse bevel cut into it for the cd - both methods avoid sticking either items. Additional mounts and design would really have to be up to you but I would probably have another mount on top of the reverse bevel mount purely because I dont like to just see a reverse bevel.

I would think you could also utilise an old CD cover - using the holding mechanism to hold your cd - you could then float the cd within a normal mount.

If you use dark colours for your mounts - and reflection control glass you can create some nice visual effects with the CD floating in the frame.
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

we sell to some resellers who do music memorabilia on their websites and at auction, and their usual options are either a mount with circular hole overlapping the cd by about 1mm, another layer beneath with an exact cd size aperture to hold the cd, which is sometimes taped in place, and a board on the back. thus the cd is sandwiched and off the glass.

the other method, for the "tat" memorabilia (ebay) is a simple mount, exact round aperture, and the glass keeps it in the frame
double sided spongy adhesive pads seem the usual fitting method :shock:

when we do them in the shop for people we go for the CD box method or the first one.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Not quite a CD but using the technique that MarkW suggested to trap the record.

Apologies for the reflection. However it does look good hanging on the wall.

John GCF
michelle
Organisation: Blackcab Studio
Interests: Driving my 1965 Bedford Dormobile.

Post by michelle »

thanks, you have been most hlepful and I am actually very pleased with the result. Lets hope the customer agrees. I went for an adaption to a cd holder ( just the inner clear bit so none of it is visable) and therefore a floating effect with double mounts etc..
thanks once again for your help.
Michelle