Moulding ID

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Post Reply
Graham Richards
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri 28 Jul, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: Hereford

Moulding ID

Post by Graham Richards »

Hi

I'm hoping someone might recognise this. A customer has asked me to match the a particular moulding. From the drawing a customer has brought in I would imagine the moulding is about 50mm wide. It is dark/blue black with a gold line on top and a gold sight edge.

Thanks

Graham
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
prospero
Posts: 11698
Joined: Tue 05 Jun, 2007 4:16 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Moulding ID

Post by prospero »

It looks to me like two, maybe three stacked mouldings. The blue section looks like a paper-wrapped domed moulding that I used to use yonks ago. Long since disco'd. Arqadia (nee Arquati) I think.... Might be completely barking up a gum tree though. :? The photo isn't brilliant.

Do you know how old the frame is?
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Post Reply