Moulding out of stock until July help....

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
jmdwilson
Organisation: Surrey Framers
Interests: Art, Sports

Moulding out of stock until July help....

Post by jmdwilson »

Hello

I'm looking for this moulding which is due in July at Nielsen's - have been waiting 4 weeks to be told it will only be due in then.... :head:
Anyone know if another supplier stocks it?
It's 50mm wide hand rubbed silver (there are 4 in Nielsen's range W958146) by Salvotore Cornici.
photo (25).JPG
photo (25).JPG (317.92 KiB) Viewed 7263 times
photo (26).JPG
photo (26).JPG (369.96 KiB) Viewed 7263 times
Thanks

James
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Re: Moulding out of stock until July help....

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Why not see if you can email the manufacturer and ask who they supply in the UK?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

It's one of Nielsen's 'exclusives' so in theory there should be no-one else.

(edit) I just quoted a customer for that same moulding - rang Nielsen to double check for stock/date, they tell me it should be in tomorrow!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Edit-edit!

They just rang me back saying they'd given me incorrect info and it will be in stock next Friday.

I'd carry on looking around if I were you!
jmdwilson

Post by jmdwilson »

I have had the same 'guestimates' for 4 weeks now - according to the rep this morning the shipped order they have received does not contain this moulding....
Will have try at emailing the manufacturer but as robo says - think it's an exclusive - might end up doing a hand finish to match....
jmdwilson

Post by jmdwilson »

edit

just spoken to rep & they had a physical rather than 'computer says no' check of stock & they have found a length for me!
All sorted now :clap:
Jonny2morsos

Post by Jonny2morsos »

You are lucky to be able to get a single length from Nielsen.

Some of us who are much closer to their depot don't get the luxury of a van delivery.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

The van routes were long established before they moved to Diss. Maybe in time there will be some more local to them. Are there enough framers within whatever a reasonable radius might be?
Jonny2morsos

Post by Jonny2morsos »

The drivers must pass quite a number on their journey "Darn Sarf"
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

It could be that the vans are full with the regular customers.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

The vans still leave from London; there's only one driver going darn sarf, the overnight lorry driver supplying the vans. I'll re-phrase the question - are there enough framers with accounts with Nielsen within .... etc? Even if there were it would be a separate operation with vans required to leave Diss as well as the lorry going to London.

Has to be worth their while and I think framers, especially with accounts with Nielsen in that part of the world are too spread out/off the beaten track.
Jonny2morsos

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Seems to work for Wessex Pictures who are based a stones throw away in Dereham. To the extent that they have been putting on an extra van on some rounds.

I think Nielsen could greatly expand their customer base if they got out and sold themselves or maybe they are happy with their existing customer base and the big accounts for their ready made range like John Lewis.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

In over 15 yrs of picture framing I have never as yet seen a Neilson Rep or even a catalogue and when I requested one they never sent me one. So I think I will stick with arqadia.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I'd say they are my number one these days but in the earlly days it was a struggle to get them to even speak to me!

Wessex van is £75 carr paid - Nielsen van is free for any amount. I wish the Arqadia/Conservation by Design van reached this far, it did a couple of times when they took on tru-vue glass, but not any more.
Graysalchemy

Post by Graysalchemy »

I doubt that i would be bothered now if they came to visit me after 15 yrs.
Roboframer wrote:I wish the Arqadia/Conservation by Design van reached this far, it did a couple of times when they took on tru-vue glass, but not any more.
I did wonder how Arqadia delivered the truview glass. I had an order for 25 sheets of Museum Trueview but they were out of stock. I was interested to see how it was going to arrive. Wessex delivering Schott instead tomorrow.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I had their van twice - had to be a minimum of 4 boxes. I assumed I'd always get the van but the third time it came by carrier, 4 boxes one on top of the other (despite the warning 'do not stack') tied to a palllet that I'm still stuck with. Don't use them for tru vue no more.
Jonny2morsos

Post by Jonny2morsos »

I ordered a pack of Claryl once from Arqadia after some upselling by the Rep. It came with Night Freight (?Fright), two man delivery packed in an outer crate which they had to remove it from and the get me to sign that it was intact.

Another strong box was inside the crate and more packaging inside that. You can hardly pick up a package like that, shake it and see if you can hear a tinkling sound. Amazingly all was OK.

Since I finished the pack I have gone over to "cut to size" as it seems less hassle and no waste.