Aren't customers great?

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
markw

Aren't customers great?

Post by markw »

With the busy rush up to Christmas I find its a time when some customers can just push you over the top -
Customer orders a burred walnut frame - wont accept it because it has too many burrs, aghhh - do they save these bouts of stupidity untill your realy busy. The customer concerned now knows quite a lot about timber and how it gets burrs - i did keep my proffesional cool together - but only just. anybody know where i can get burred walnut - without burrs. reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where the chap wants a book of british birds - without the Robin.
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Customers?

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Markw,

My only option here would be to hand finish a plain moulding with two or three coats or walnut stain, putting the stain on firstly with a brush and while wet rubbing it in with 0000 wire wool, and finish with a walnut wax, you get a superb finish witjout the burrs, and then charge her extra. Example: £50.00 + VA&HCT (Value Added and Harassment Christmas Tax)

Steven

Bit like the Irishman sending a letter home to his mammy asking for money and forgetting to put the letter in, but telling his mammy he's forgotten to put the letter in
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre