Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Spanglecat
Organisation: Mark Hatt Picture Framing
Interests: New to picture framing

Dust removal

Post by Spanglecat »

This question has probably been answered many times but what is the best method of eliminating dust? Currently giving the glass a good clean and blowing with air but am guessing that static is playing a part. All help will be much appreciated.

Mark
prospero

Re: Dust removal

Post by prospero »

Stop blowing. You are just putting a lot of dust in the air. :?
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Gus
Organisation: Not yet.
Interests: Off road motorcycling; Youth work; Watching sport - motocross; speedway and rugby mainly.

Post by Gus »

I don't always tape the package up, but I have started to put the lot together face up - as per advice on this forum (search 'flumbs' - lots of advice and amusing anecdotes!). With it all face up you can generally see any nasties before pinning. Then pin one side and have a look all is ok - less to take out if you can see dust etc.
easypopsgcf
Organisation: home
Interests: cars

Post by easypopsgcf »

I clean and then tape up almost every framing job,probably 99%, sometimes they can be taped for over a week before I get round to chopping the frame, longer if it's out if stock, clean it once, tape it and forget about it, job done :clap:
canvasideas
Organisation: Love To Frame
Interests: photography, wine, food, cooking, the occasional real ale in an old English pub

Post by canvasideas »

I use a 21 yr old lady with a feather duster dressed in a maids outfit... Doesn't do a great job but it's entertainment.

:)