Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Drew
Organisation: A&K Wilson Picture Framers
Interests: Dog Walking, Beer, Art,Chopping logs

A 'TOP BLOKE AWARD !

Post by Drew »

This is the first time I've actually posted on this Forum, but I really felt I need to 'big up' Mark Thornton from Underpinner Spares, what a top man !
Yesterday my 20+ year old Cassese Cs810 died on me, and of course this is just as we're struggling through a mahoosive post holiday back log. Panic!
After fiddling about for ages I finally left a bleeding heart message on his answerphone (well after opening hours).
He called this morning and by some freeked out voodoo vibe seemed to know exactly what was wrong with my machine and then went on patiently to talk me through how to sort it out. His offer to send him photos and call back was greatly appreciated.
So after a bit of fiddliing I had it sorted and the new parts on order. 'Thats Ok' you may say 'that's his job', BUT and here's the thing, he realised I needed the parts asap and gave me the phone number and parts numbers for his supplier and suggested I went direct ! Now that is really kind!, so here I am posting my first message and awarding (in my own mind) Mark Thornton 'Top Bloke Award'
The Spaniel
Organisation: home
Interests: Fizz, friends, framing...........

Re: A 'TOP BLOKE AWARD !

Post by The Spaniel »

This is my first post on this forum too after many years lurking in the background.....

I nominate my long suffering husband for the Top Bloke Award (but don't tell him)

This is because I am going on a weeks framing course next week..... (watch out Wessex Pictures as my friend and I are descending upon you).... and I came home from work last week and he had bought me a lovely Morso. Not only that but this week's wonderful surprise was a cassese underpinner.

Can't wait till next week!
:shock: :shock:
jay

Re: A 'TOP BLOKE AWARD !

Post by jay »

Wee bit late to the party here, but want just want to say I too nominate Mark Thornton @ underpinner-spares for the "Top Bloke Award". Very helpful, and efficient service.... :clap: Oh, and thanks to this Forum I found him in the first instance. :rock: