Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
GeoSpectrum
Organisation: Ashcraft Framing
Interests: Family, x-country skiing, wine, art, Jazz

Art back standard vs corri core mk1

Post by GeoSpectrum »

I'm using Artback Standard as my normal backing board but am thinking of switching to Corricore as I can get Corricore cheaper that Artback. Does anyone have a preference and why? I think Corricore is double Kraft lined which I prefer. Any thoughts?
Alan Huntley
Ashcraft Framing
Bespoke Easels and Self-assembly tray frames
http://www.ashcraftframing.co.uk
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: Art back standard vs corri core mk1

Post by IFGL »

I have used both but not for quite some time, from memory (which has been battered with copious amounts of alcohol over the years) I preferred the art back or coricor mk II or MK III, I thought coricor mk I looked and felt thin and cheep.
fusionframer
Organisation: Fusion Picture Framing
Interests: framing

Post by fusionframer »

I agree with comment above, i used corricor for a while, but it was too flimsey so now use artbac which i much prefer.

Nick
www.fusionframing.co.uk

Never trust a dog with orange eyebrows.
Vince442
Organisation: Alchemy Art & Framing Ltd
Interests: Art, photography, architecture, bonsai, travelling

Post by Vince442 »

I am currently using Art Bak Aqua, but I am finding that when artists etc store the paintings in less favourable conditions it loses its unique curve and tends to curve the opposite way.

I am thinking of changing to a different board but haven't decided which ones are more suitable. I was thinking of trying Corricor. Should I?
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

I haven't used either Art Bak, or CorriCor boards for years as I prefer the solid boards to the corrigated boards.

My favourite backing board of all time was Conservatek. It was not cheap and therefore I only used it on the important conservation jobs, but sadly it's now long gone.

I am planning on ordering a couple of boxes of CombCor from Britannia as I now only have a few off cuts left in stock. This has got to be one on the stiffest and most solid feeling backing boards on the market and it is a corrigated triple flutted 5mm thick board with really solid outer layers.

It's certainly not a cheap board, you don't get many boards per box and it's a problem if the moulding only has a shallow rebate, but there are times when I find it very useful to have it in stock.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
Dave

Post by Dave »

I've gone from Art bak to CCmk4 as I was finding the curve in the Art Bak on occasions to be too much.

Dave