Software.

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
Lemon_Drop

Software.

Post by Lemon_Drop »

The changes in the last few years in the framing outlets on this side of the world are amazing.

Nearly everyone here uses POS software, and some are starting to use Visualisation Software in their work places.

I tried all of them at some time and think John's 2 products are as good as any of the rest.

None of those two do not make any changes to the way we frame. Only one software will do that. I have seen the results on this product on webcam from one of our friends on The Grumble.

Its Da Vinci Mat Printing Software from Wizard International. Its the next hot ticket.

Complete mount decoration software that works with Epson Printers using archival inks.

Give it a couple of years, it will end up like pos software now, everyone will have it.

No more ruling pens or bottles upon bottles of various ruling inks and paints, tinting powders all over the place.

Everything moves forward, I dont think that many people are using nails to join mouldings anymore. :D
osgood

Post by osgood »

I saw that many years ago at a trade show and could have lots of fun with it, but will customers want to buy enough decorated mats to warrant the expense? In my case probably not!
I wonder how many decorated mats per week would be enough to pay for the equipment and supplies?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I would imagine that if a giclee printer, or any good modern printer, could reproduce a watercolour so perfectly that you'd not immediately know the difference from the original - a few lines and bands of colour would be a piece of proverbial!
osgood

Post by osgood »

Roboframer wrote:I would imagine that if a giclee printer, or any good modern printer, could reproduce a watercolour so perfectly that you'd not immediately know the difference from the original - a few lines and bands of colour would be a piece of proverbial!
You don't have to "imagine" that John!
WelshFramer
Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?

Post by WelshFramer »

Roboframer wrote:I would imagine that if a giclee printer, or any good modern printer, could reproduce a watercolour so perfectly that you'd not immediately know the difference from the original - a few lines and bands of colour would be a piece of proverbial!
The main problems with giclee printing onto mountboard are:

1. it only works on a limited range of colours as printers don't have white ink -- so printing is generally limited to very light colours of board

2. It's difficult getting sharply defined edges with many boards. Ink seems to soak in and spread more than a colour wash.
Mike Cotterell
Neuadd Bwll Framing

http://www.welshframing.com
My status