Page 1 of 1
Deep chrome effect moulding
Posted: Fri 19 Apr, 2013 11:05 am
by jmdwilson
photo (15).JPG
photo (15).JPG
Hi everyone
I'm trying to source a deep rebate chrome effect moulding - needs to have rebate of 50mm (to put golf ball + memorabilia).
Nielsen have the new Matrix collection (photo above) which is right effect but not deep enough.
Arqadia have a very deep metal (5811) but not right shape.
Am at a loss where to look... - any help would be great, thanks.
James
Re: Deep chrome effect moulding
Posted: Fri 19 Apr, 2013 11:45 am
by stcstc
turn the wide one on its edge and cap it with the smaller one
Re: Deep chrome effect moulding
Posted: Fri 19 Apr, 2013 11:55 am
by jmdwilson
Thanks have tried that way but unfortunately not deep enough - only other way I've found would be to stack them with backs flush & build up rebate difference BUT the join line will show on the edge - not great look - this might be final choice if no other moulding options found...
Re: Deep chrome effect moulding
Posted: Fri 19 Apr, 2013 12:03 pm
by stcstc
how much depth would it give you, ie how much would you be short, maybe do a cove box sticking out the back to gain the extra
if you search on here you will find examples of what i mean
Re: Deep chrome effect moulding
Posted: Fri 19 Apr, 2013 12:08 pm
by Roboframer
Ashworth and Thompson do that range, but with two profiles that Nielsen don't do, a 72mm wide one and a shallower-rebated one, combine the two and you'll have all the depth you need and more. Ref Nos for the chrome finish are 6013.46 & 6008-46.
Re: Deep chrome effect moulding
Posted: Fri 19 Apr, 2013 12:16 pm
by jmdwilson
thanks cove box might be the way forward.
I need a rebate of 60mm to enable to fit a 50mm golf ball with double mount, 3mm glass, 3mm MDF.
If I were to place the larger moulding on its side then cap with narrower moulding I'd 20mm short - this might be where cove box comes
Re: Deep chrome effect moulding
Posted: Fri 19 Apr, 2013 12:24 pm
by jmdwilson
Thanks Roboframer! That's exactly what I need, I looked in their catalogue but it's not in there - an new range... Is the finish the same as Nielsen ie hardwearing film that's almost scratch proof rather than aluminum on wood?
I guess the idea as above would be to put wide moulding on its edge then cap with other
Re: Deep chrome effect moulding
Posted: Fri 19 Apr, 2013 1:14 pm
by Roboframer
It's exactly the same stuff - Nielsen do more colours; A&T do more profiles.
Re: Deep chrome effect moulding
Posted: Sat 20 Apr, 2013 6:30 am
by jmdwilson
Once again thank you, forum is great for finding solutions.
Thank you to stcstc & Roboframer!