How to wind up the missus

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Roboframer

How to wind up the missus

Post by Roboframer »

Framing 3 photos today, order was for one 10x8 and two 8x6s.

But in the folder was one 10x8 and THREE 8x6s.

Rang customer, answering machine, did they know there were 3 and if so should I frame all three, or if not, which two? Click

Then an evil thought came to me.

Went into shop and explained the situation to Mrs Robo - didn't tell her I'd already rang and got an answering machine.

"So? What's the problem" She said.

Well, the family group in these photos are pretty hideous and I may have a problem confirming which photo to leave out, if they wanted to leave one out. Would Mrs Robo like to ring them, she has far more tact.

Two words, second one 'off'!

(The family were not hideous at all, Mrs Robo not seen them)

So - picked up phone - Mrs Robo arranging some shelves - dialled 12345 and then the off button - just so's she could hear the keytones.

"Oh, hello Mr Jones, Angmering Framing here, your photos ........ etc etc.
....so you only want two framed - OK do I leave out the one of your pregnant wife or ........... Oh - sorry - but she does look pregnant, or the one of the goofy kid (Mrs Robo knocks some stuff off the shelf - jaw is dropping) ................. well, sorry but he is goofy - reminds me of Plug in the Beano actually ......(Mrs Robo heading my way) ..........
or maybe the one where you look like you've been tangoed........... Mr Jones ......... Mr JONES!!!!!"

Ok - just as Pat was about to throw something, she realised it was a wind up, threw it anyway, missed by a mile and I ran away anyway, not before seeing the look of horror on one of our assistant's faces though.

Best bit was though, about ten minutes later 'Mr Jones' returned my call from his answering machine and the assistant answered..... "Hello, it's Mr Jones, you just rang about my photos' She nearly dropped the phone.