Page 1 of 1
molding I.D needed
Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013 11:14 am
by picturemaker
hi looking for some help with this molding.its 2 1/4 wide and 1 1/2 deep and of pine material with liming wax over top
Re: molding I.D needed
Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013 1:16 pm
by Timh
doesn't look like pine as such
have you got a front shot of it?
Re: molding I.D needed
Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013 1:28 pm
by prospero
Could be a home-made moulding. Nice bit of wood.

Re: molding I.D needed
Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013 1:51 pm
by Graysalchemy
Looks more like ash with the colour variation. Obviously been waxed or varnished.

Re: molding I.D needed
Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013 1:52 pm
by picturemaker
here's another photo of the moulding
Re: molding I.D needed
Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013 2:05 pm
by prospero
My money's on pine.

Re: molding I.D needed
Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013 4:15 pm
by GeoSpectrum
Unless that is Knotty Ash?
Re: molding I.D needed
Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013 6:32 pm
by Graysalchemy
Knotty Ash, my dad used to have a customer in Knotty Ash, and his name was.......
Ken Dodd
Not the Ken Dodd but a bookseller of the same name.
Back to the moulding, I'm not convinced it is pine though not convinced it is ash either.
Re: molding I.D needed
Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013 6:38 pm
by IFGL
Not the one but simons have similar mouldings in the front of their catalog , looks like the same wood anyway.
Re: molding I.D needed
Posted: Wed 05 Jun, 2013 6:54 pm
by prospero
'Pine' covers a lot of ground.
[youtube]ug8nHaelWtc[/youtube]