Bank Holiday Monday?

For topics that fall into the 'None Of The Above' category
Grahame Case

Bank Holiday Monday?

Post by Grahame Case »

Anyone open today?

we're beginning to regret opening today, it is rather quiet at the moment, Still Early though.
foxyframer
Organisation: Hampshire Framing
Interests: Golf, DIY and baking bread,cakes, biscuits and making chilli jams and various chutneys.

Post by foxyframer »

No way. Did a Good Friday once; big mistake !

Looking out over the garden, it's drizzling and I never go anywhere on Bank Holidays.

Last and only time was getting stuck in a snarl up, just outside Corfe Castle, down in Dorset.

A good time to tie up a few loose ends; do some paperwork and have a tidy up.

If, by 3.00pm it's dead, jack it in !
Measure twice - cut once
markw

Post by markw »

Dont work Mondays - ever. enjoying the company of my family - the boys want to go and see Spiderman II. My only consideration come bank holidays is "do I take the tuesday off"?
Sadly I cant this time as I have some tight deadlines coming up - but I always feel that time off is beneficial to your time at work.
foxyframer
Organisation: Hampshire Framing
Interests: Golf, DIY and baking bread,cakes, biscuits and making chilli jams and various chutneys.

Post by foxyframer »

Monday is a closing day anyway. So the luxury of a Bank Holiday Monday is lost. I used to take the Tuesday off, but haven't done so for; must be over five years now.

Linking Monday with the Sunday makes a weekend. I can't imagine anyone takes an old-fashioned mid-week half day; although a friend in a different type of service business closes every Wednesday.

There is some minor perverse enjoyment about being off, when everyone else is at work.

We give ourselves little enough time off as it is.
Measure twice - cut once
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Used to open on the odd bank hoilday, was never worth it. Could use the time to sort a few things out that need it too, but sod it, 2 days off on the trot are not to be missed.

Went to see an art exhibition in Arundel that was not there, ended up in a job lot sale of designer clothes, including shopfittings.

Left with a £400 dress (for Mrs R) that cost £40 - nearly a coat as well, but it had a real fox fur collar, and two life-sized stone dogs! Well, not stone, stone coloured polystyrene. Nothing to do with me - Mrs R says they will be 'perfick' - but won't say for what!

Then decided to drive to the nearest Volvo dealer - our aircon is shot at - time to replace the car.

It was shut - expected it to be, but nice to see the new models in the flesh. C70 convertible Mmmmmmmmmmm!!

Stopped by a few more dealers on the way home, including a Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge, which was open.

Gone and bought a brand new (well ex demo 31 miles on the clock) Dodge Caliber!
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

the day improved substantially by about 12, took around half of what we normally would money wise, but this could be due to the horrendous weather today.

Managed to get a few more items on our ebay store. ( including a few Titanic LEP's that i found hiding in our spare browser sleeves and some horrible horrible "Last of The Summer Wine" and "Coronation Street" prints that i thought we had got rid of (stupid purchase of 20 of each)
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Robo wrote:Gone and bought a brand new (well ex demo 31 miles on the clock) Dodge Caliber!
Nice looking car!

And in these days of global warming, what a cool feature to have!