Page 1 of 1

Moulding ID?

Posted: Tue 18 Jun, 2013 1:17 pm
by StevenG
Hi folks

Does anyone know that this might be? - it's not my pic but the customer said the word polcore was written on it! :) Actually, on that note what's the best glue to use with Polcore stuff? I've seen stuff listed that'll dry in 30 secs (is that the same as Superglue??) Do I still underpin it too? (sounds like I need to be quick!!)

Re: Moulding ID?

Posted: Tue 18 Jun, 2013 1:27 pm
by Jamie
looks like the sardinia range from simons but that isnt plycore

Re: Moulding ID?

Posted: Tue 18 Jun, 2013 1:35 pm
by StevenG
Cheers Jamie

I haven't actually seen it so maybe they're mistaken. Nice quick reply btw :)

Re: Moulding ID?

Posted: Tue 18 Jun, 2013 3:16 pm
by misterdiy
No they are OK with this. It is Polcore and a copy of the sardinia range from Simons (which are discontinued mostly) Its Polcore POL 2034 from their DECO range. Looks good in real life as well.

You need to use a cyanoacrylate adhesive, which as you say, is a super glue. I agree, you need to be quick. Alternatively you can use Plastibond from Lion which takes 3-7 days to dry.

Re: Moulding ID?

Posted: Tue 18 Jun, 2013 3:25 pm
by GeoSpectrum
Yes, you should also underpin. (Some don't but I do).

Re: Moulding ID?

Posted: Tue 18 Jun, 2013 4:55 pm
by StevenG
Cheers guys - that's fantastic help. I'll get the catalogue out in a while and get a look. Thanks again the the joining tips too! :)

Re: Moulding ID?

Posted: Fri 21 Jun, 2013 4:52 pm
by topcat
Also very similar profile to a range by mainline mouldings, might be worth a look there of you can't get it from simons.

Re: Moulding ID?

Posted: Fri 21 Jun, 2013 4:55 pm
by topcat

Re: Moulding ID?

Posted: Fri 21 Jun, 2013 6:07 pm
by easypopsgcf
Polcore is Mainline Mouldings range of plastic mouldings HTH

Re: Moulding ID?

Posted: Sat 22 Jun, 2013 8:35 am
by StevenG
Hi guys - thanks again for the updates. It does indeed look like the Mainline piece - gonna order some soon for testing. BTW I didn't know that Polcore was a unique to Mainline either! Makes life easier doesn't it to know these little things !? :wink: