Float mounting archival prints
Posted: Wed 17 Jul, 2013 2:59 pm
Hi everyone,
need a bit of advice on this one - I'm float mounting some limited edition prints - they're quite large (70cm x 80 cm). Wondering if someone might be able to help
I've t-hinged the prints on the rear of a cut mountboard (ie, window cut out, print positioned face down with out-cut of mount on back, then window re-assembled with archival tape so it's an intact sheet again).
I've been using japanese hinging tissue in contact with the rear of the prints and t-hinged with P70 tape on the rear of the mountboard. This doesn't seem to be working as the pictures have fallen.
Also, said prints have been in a roll for over a year and although I've had them flat in a press for around 4 weeks, they still want to curl up off the paper.
proving to be a bit of a headache
any help would be much appreciated
d.
need a bit of advice on this one - I'm float mounting some limited edition prints - they're quite large (70cm x 80 cm). Wondering if someone might be able to help
I've t-hinged the prints on the rear of a cut mountboard (ie, window cut out, print positioned face down with out-cut of mount on back, then window re-assembled with archival tape so it's an intact sheet again).
I've been using japanese hinging tissue in contact with the rear of the prints and t-hinged with P70 tape on the rear of the mountboard. This doesn't seem to be working as the pictures have fallen.
Also, said prints have been in a roll for over a year and although I've had them flat in a press for around 4 weeks, they still want to curl up off the paper.
proving to be a bit of a headache
any help would be much appreciated
d.