Anyone offer these as a custom framing mounting option?
Do you have a "Bevel Accent Caddy"? what does this look like?
are customers quite interested in using them as a mounting option?
I've recently used a trial pack of red bevel accents with Black Core Black mount and a 3 inch flat black frame to frame a large print by trevor horswell depicting famous boxers..
so we have decided to jump in head first and offer them as a mounting option..
Bainbridge Bevel Accents
-
Roboframer
Had these for some time - quite popular but not cheap, still I doubt if they would be much, if any cheaper if I was wrapping artcare foamboard with artcare surface papers myself.
The caddy is weird - designed to hang over the edge of the counter if you want it to - I use a spinner - bevels out.
I have plenty of framed examples about - they sell them.
Ignore the instructions that come with each box, they'd have you use 4 whole strips for a 10 x 8 frame!
Although the colours pefectly match the mount colours, if you use say an indigo mount with an indigo bevelled accent, you get the white core between the two, so I use the darker colours with neutral mounts, or with a fillet (slip) with a reverse bevel, that's effective and gives 8mm + of spacing.
The caddy is weird - designed to hang over the edge of the counter if you want it to - I use a spinner - bevels out.
I have plenty of framed examples about - they sell them.
Ignore the instructions that come with each box, they'd have you use 4 whole strips for a 10 x 8 frame!
Although the colours pefectly match the mount colours, if you use say an indigo mount with an indigo bevelled accent, you get the white core between the two, so I use the darker colours with neutral mounts, or with a fillet (slip) with a reverse bevel, that's effective and gives 8mm + of spacing.
