Regimental colours

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
silvercleave
Organisation: thought I was
Interests: Working to put food on table

Regimental colours

Post by silvercleave »

I have goged it and searched high and lo, for the colours / scheme for the 2nd Battalion Lincolnshire Regiment from WW1.

If any one can help it would make the latest job look correct, 4 flutes in a case from WW1 + photo

I really miss Mickey!! :(

Ian
Roboframer

Re: Regimental colours

Post by Roboframer »

I think the Royal Anglian regiment descended from them - but even the R Anglians have probably been further amalgamated and called something else now. But if you can find a modern Regimental HQ they'd have all the info. Google image search might pull something up too.
prospero

Post by prospero »

The only problem with finding stuff like this online is that the colours will display very differently on different monitors so you can't rely on them. The only way to get a true colour match is to get actual items. :?
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Regimental Stable belt was blue, divided by a narrow red stripe - no image on this site I'm afraid but handy site anyway and maybe there's others with an image.

As for colour accuracy, even if you did find an actual item in good condition, you're still limited to the closest mount board colour and anyway, colours can change within regimental items - e.g. the regiment I served in - blue and maroon - but there were huge variations within ties, flags, belts and painted backgrounds on signs - so the info you have on this is enough to go on IMHO - the blue would be an 'Oxford' type blue I should think.
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

Have you thought about contacting a local historical society? I was once looking for a similar piece of information (on a historical person not an army regiment) and couldn't find anything on Google at all.

I emailed the local historical society and they were happy to ask around their members for me. I got the information I required within a week or so.

If it helps I found this link to a Lincolnshire Historical Society for you http://www.lincolnshirepast.org.uk/ :)

Good hunting
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

And here's ARRSE - the Army RumouR SErvice - you'd have to register to ask though and could get addicted!