Page 1 of 1
Re-using old frames and prints
Posted: Fri 23 Aug, 2013 8:42 am
by Animal
Hi, I am new. Not a framer, but hoping to upcycle old frames and prints/paintings.
Re: Re-using old frames and prints
Posted: Fri 23 Aug, 2013 1:10 pm
by JohnMcafee
Welcome aboard, Animal.
Re: Re-using old frames and prints
Posted: Fri 23 Aug, 2013 1:40 pm
by prospero
Welcome Animal.
What sort of frames/prints were you thinking of? There are some nice old prints that look well after a bit of TLC, but there are a lot that frankly you couldn't give away. Same with frames.
Re: Re-using old frames and prints
Posted: Mon 26 Aug, 2013 7:50 pm
by Animal
Hi,
Basically, if I see a frame and I like it, and it is peanuts (a pound or three), then I buy it. I have quite a few old gold ornate ones, and some very old dark wood ones. I may put some new prints in some of the old frames, but I also have for example a couple of oil paintings which I think are nice, and they were literally falling out of old frames - again I only paid a couple of quid for these.
So I am re-using what would be chucked out, but only if I really love the frame and picture.
I did do a college type framing course many moons again...I am hoping to start again and do another.