Page 1 of 1
Displaying metal chevrons
Posted: Wed 13 Nov, 2013 5:53 pm
by ChrisG
Unlike wooden chevrons Velcro doesn't easily stick to the aluminium and obviously can't be stapled in place, probably doesn't help that the back is not flat.
So what are my alternatives, I'd like them on the wall as I like the colours?
Re: Displaying metal chevrons
Posted: Wed 13 Nov, 2013 6:04 pm
by Framerpicture
Your frame supplier can probably supply you with a metal strip which has inverted v to hold frame sample. You just screw this to the wall

Re: Displaying metal chevrons
Posted: Wed 13 Nov, 2013 9:31 pm
by Roboframer
Lion do this
http://www.lionpic.co.uk/product/ANGLES ... 021,0.aspx
You can make your own 'pegs' by making one inch (or whatever) mitred-the-wrong-way corners, from a small moulding, these can be fixed to the wall and the back of the aluminium corner sample will sit in the lip; the face of the sample will cover, or partly cover, your peg.
Re: Displaying metal chevrons
Posted: Wed 13 Nov, 2013 9:34 pm
by Kwik Picture Framing
Yeah better to buy the Lion Moulding Corner Display - Metal Strip & Angles, More professional and easy to adjust
Re: Displaying metal chevrons
Posted: Thu 14 Nov, 2013 8:30 am
by michelle
is anyone using the lion metal hanging system mentioned for all of their mouldings? If so how have they found them and any chance of a picture? I am thinking of using them in a mobile showroom but would like to know what the pitfalls are, I don't want the chevrons falling off every time I go over a sleeping policeman.
Re: Displaying metal chevrons
Posted: Thu 14 Nov, 2013 9:30 am
by Kwik Picture Framing
They only designed for keeping them in the shop, For mobile, call lion and should advise to you
Re: Displaying metal chevrons
Posted: Thu 14 Nov, 2013 7:09 pm
by chris62
I use the Lion ones but they are not up to holding a large chevron for long