WANTED Underpinner

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
markvoce
Organisation: Mark Voce Photography
Interests: Photography - Victorian process to the modern day.

WANTED Underpinner

Post by markvoce »

Does anyone in the Yorkshire area (or somewhere near) happen to have a nice solid underpinner for sale?

Ideally foot operated although I do have a small compressor so a pneumatic one could be an option. It will mainly be for for softwood frames but there will be oak now and again it will need to deal with.
Mark Thornton
Organisation: Underpinner Spares
Interests: Red wine - lots and lots of it.

Re: WANTED Underpinner

Post by Mark Thornton »

Do you have a make/model in mind as i may be able to source one if you tell me your budget.
Mark
https://www.underpinner-spares.co.uk Framing equipment spare parts - Easy online ordering
markvoce
Organisation: Mark Voce Photography
Interests: Photography - Victorian process to the modern day.

Re: WANTED Underpinner

Post by markvoce »

To be honest Mark I'm a bit of a newbie to underpinners so am open to suggestions. I've been looking at new machines such as the budget Charnwood and Inmes underpinners but a bit wary of the bottom end of product ranges so was thinking a higher quality but used machine might be a better bet.

If you have any recommendations or can source something that would be great, especially as we are both in Brighouse. As for budget up to around £300-£400 if that is reasonable.