Sourcing Dutch ripple moulding

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
jamesgillick

Sourcing Dutch ripple moulding

Post by jamesgillick »

I have been looking for a uk based supplier of 'dutch ripple' mouldings supplied by the length for ages, with no luck. Can any one help me?

More specifically Dutch ripple is a small section slip or fillet which can be added to a a custom made frame a bit like ball shot, a bevel or lambs tongue. It varies in width up to 1" wide, and has, as you'd expect, a ripple profile that runs crossways across it's width. Where do I get this elusive stuff? I'm stuck without it!
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

Hi James,

I don't think I've ever seen anything as you describe, perhaps it's only available in Holland. :D

Hope someone here can help.

Welcome to the forum.

John
Dermot

Post by Dermot »

James welcome to The Picture Framing Forum…..it nice to see that you found your way here

Try giving Dave Woods at Sisslings in Dublin a call…Dave is very knowledgeable of supplies for picture framing……you will get him at +353 1 2954131…….Sisslings are the biggest picture framing suppliers in the south of Ireland……I was at there warehouse today….they have a huge range of mouldings there…..many that are not listed in there catalogue…..

Again sorry I cannot be of more help…..I’m just not really sure what you are looking for..

Rgs