MORSO EH Service/Oil change. Help!

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Townsend

MORSO EH Service/Oil change. Help!

Post by Townsend »

I have been quoted (out of Dublin) over 300 Euro for the service kit I need for my Morso EH. This is bonkers. The Tellus oil to do the job costs about 30 Euro and all that is included on top of this is two basic hydraulic filters and an O-ring. Morso won't supply me with the international reference no. which is normally on hydraulic filters. Perhaps they use filters with only their own number on them in order to extract the maximum price from the unfortunate framer. I will know as soon as I drain the sump and remove the filters, but if anyone else has done this already, and is happy to supply the relevant numbers, it would save me some down-time.....and a lot of money!! It's a great machine, and it has probably saved me a knee and/or a hip replacement over the years, but I refuse paying 300+ for that kit as I feel someone is just having a laugh. Can anyone help?
Whitewater Gallery
Organisation: Whtewater Gallery
Interests: Surfing, sailing

Re: MORSO EH Service/Oil change. Help!

Post by Whitewater Gallery »

I moved to an EH last November and my stiff disc's are feeling much less aggravated, though I did not realise that my back would be further relieved in the future by the wallet being that made that much lighter! Very much hoping that you get some positive responses!
Mark Thornton
Organisation: Underpinner Spares
Interests: Red wine - lots and lots of it.

Post by Mark Thornton »

Only the oil insert filter (different brands have been fitted over the years) and 6 litres of iso 32 hydraulic oil need replacing once a year, the o ring and tank filter do not need replacing as the original ones will be fine, the only other item you may need are a couple of control relays ad these can play up from time to time.

Mark
https://www.underpinner-spares.co.uk Framing equipment spare parts - Easy online ordering
Teresa
Organisation: The Frameworks
Interests: good food, good wine, good friends, travel, live music,

Post by Teresa »

I've had my EH for about seven years, It had its first service and oil change this week (how was I to know how often it needs doing ) Morso is fit and well, cost me £250 including engineer traveling time, Well worth investing in an EH, knees, hips and backs are worth looking after !
Townsend

Post by Townsend »

Could I ask who your service engineer was please Teresa?
Teresa
Organisation: The Frameworks
Interests: good food, good wine, good friends, travel, live music,

Post by Teresa »

If you speak to Joe at Simons, he should be able to put you in touch with someone,