Rebate "filler"

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
The Common Framer
Organisation: The Horsell Framing Company
Interests: Photography, Boats

Rebate "filler"

Post by The Common Framer »

Hi all

Please see attached photo. Hard to see what it is doing but this,is rear of frame and a wooden filler has been glued'into frame back to hold in glass in a frame that has glass,on both sides with the artwork sandwiched between. Anybody know if this is commercially available from framing suppliers.

Cheers

Matt
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 2068 times
Graysalchemy

Re: Rebate "filler"

Post by Graysalchemy »

Fillets are available from lion and I think dj simons do some finished wood ones though i may be wrong on that count.
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Yes, Allistair is correct! And you can add Rose & Hollis, Wessex, Norfolk Mouldings and Unique Mouldings to the same list of suppliers. Sorry if I've missed anyone out!

Also Homebase stock a range of fillets from Richard Burbidge and some smaller hardware stores are stockists for Mason's Timber Products, but that is assuming that they stock that particular part of the range.

If you don't mind buying trade quantities, you may be able to open an account and buy direct from Mason's.
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
The Common Framer
Organisation: The Horsell Framing Company
Interests: Photography, Boats

Post by The Common Framer »

Thanks for replies. Not sure we are talking exactly the same thing... But then again... You gents have been doing this for quite some time! :D will check the suppliers mentioned. Thanks

Matt