Page 1 of 1
Time to logout.
Posted: Thu 08 Jun, 2017 3:34 pm
by David McCormack
The Framers Forum has proven to be a great resource for information and knowledge and has helped me on numerous occasions. I’m amazed at how generous framers are in giving free advice and always so quick to help.
But it’s time for me to move on, not from framing, just from the forum! I think I’ve become addicted

and need to do something about it. I have tried in the past but always get withdrawal symptoms and log back in!

So this time I’m taking more drastic actions... I’m changing my password to a forgettable word and then throwing it away!
Best wishes to you all and thank you.
Dave.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WED9UNIdZbI
Re: Time to logout.
Posted: Fri 09 Jun, 2017 7:31 am
by John
Sorry to see you go, Dave. You have been a great contributor.
I hope this isn't too final and you you will be be able to occasionally log back in with us from time to time.
Remember, the forum has ways to deal with forgotten passwords.

Re: Time to logout.
Posted: Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:05 am
by Steve N
Sorry to hear this Dave, hope you get treatment for the addiction soon

Re: Time to logout.
Posted: Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:15 am
by Rainbow
Nooooo, please don't go! You'll be sorely missed, and I don't mean just for your helpful advice but for the overall way in which you contribute to this forum being a nice place to come. Anyway, an average of one post every two days doesn't sound excessive to me - I belong to another forum where one of the members used to make around 100 posts a day
So I hope you'll be back, but before you go, a sincere thank-you for all the help and support you've given to me in the last couple of years, it's been much appreciated.
Re: Time to logout.
Posted: Fri 09 Jun, 2017 9:29 am
by Jamesnkr
That's just silly. I spent a year reading *every* old thread on the forum...

Re: Time to logout.
Posted: Fri 09 Jun, 2017 2:54 pm
by poliopete
In my case not just "silly" but "very sad"
I have also read every post in General Discussion starting from the back! It's taken me a few months and reading a few each night (over 90 pages)
It's been a fascinating read, seeing who has come and gone and who has stayed the course also, reading how the discussions have developed and putting things in chronological order.
Without doubt your contributions have always been excellent and often funny. I personally have enjoyed reading all your posts.
If you find a permanent cure for you addiction, please let me know.
In the meantime I am going to read all the "Help" posts starting at the back.
Regards
Peter
Re: Time to logout.
Posted: Fri 09 Jun, 2017 6:54 pm
by IFGL
So that means all my drunken rants have also been read!
The shame!
Re: Time to logout.
Posted: Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:36 pm
by Tudor Rose
Glad to find out it wasn't just me who read all the old posts

Re: Time to logout.
Posted: Sat 10 Jun, 2017 8:27 am
by red
best wishes your youtube link to 'young frankenstein' so good
its one of my favourite films- where wolf!
Re: Time to logout.
Posted: Sat 10 Jun, 2017 1:20 pm
by John Ranes II, CPF, GCF
Best wishes on your Holiday away from FF, David.
I've got 5 quid that says we'll see David make another post before September 1st! Any takers??
Cheers,
John
Re: Time to logout.
Posted: Sat 10 Jun, 2017 3:18 pm
by Steve N
I'm with on that John
