cleaver wrote:
When I collected my 'pre-loved' Morso, I took the handles off, so it couldn't be knocked out of 45 degrees by accident.
That's assuming its at 45 degrees when you picked it up!
If you search, there are quite a few posts here about setting up morsos and how from time to time its necessary to move the left fence out by a fraction of knat's whisker to get a perfect mitre.
I had a crash course over the phone with the engineer from Ashworth and Thompson, who supplied mine. I ended up cleaning and making adjustments on almost every moving part, to fault find.
The last hope was new blades, it totally rectified the issues. (My secondhand "freshly sharpened" blades were not as described! Why would you pay to resharpen before selling..)
Don't be afraid to get to know your machine intimately, with guidance. There's a fair chance that you'll be the one servicing it when required.
I re-square the fences to the measuring rule on the righthand arm from time to time, as described in the Danlist instructions. Moving parts move, even when locked in place it seems.
Also, when you change the blades after a few months, they recommend moving both fences forwards to give yourself room to maneouvre.
I was advised to keep a bit of wide moulding handy to test the trueness. A wide moulding mitre will be more obvious to see if its out.
I'm happy to be corrected, if I'm wrong on any of this.