Page 1 of 1

Great strap line

Posted: Sat 27 Apr, 2019 7:41 am
by Keith Hewitt
I'm presently collecting ideas for an article to persuade more people to go into a frame shop for the first time
Came across this one which I particularly liked.

Is your favourite picture still in your phone
Wouldn’t it look great, framed and on your wall ?


Now that stuck on any framers window, might pull in a few who have never been inside a frame shop before :clap:

Re: Great strap line

Posted: Sat 27 Apr, 2019 2:47 pm
by Not your average framer
Really! I'm not so sure! The compression method to store images on the mobile phone does not look very nice when blown up. I know, because I've been asked to frame some. Some families don't have normal cameras any more and the cheaper mobile phones don't always produce high definition images.

Mobile phone images usually get printed out on an inferior quality of home computer printer, with the worst quality settings for the computer, onto rubbish quality photocopying paper and put into the cheapest ready made frame from Wilkinsons, who usually are the cheapest place to get a ready made frame.

This is pretty much the wrong end of the market for me.

Re: Great strap line

Posted: Sun 28 Apr, 2019 7:20 am
by GeoSpectrum
I have a feeling that most iPhone users will use online printing/Framing solution. Could be wrong of course.

Re: Great strap line

Posted: Sun 28 Apr, 2019 9:28 pm
by Ed209
I think that’s a great idea mainly because I have just invested a considerable sum of money in photo printing equipment, where the customer connects their phone SD card etc. Also passport photos.
So far my experience are prints from a phone come out pretty good up to 12x8 as I use lustre photo paper and six colour inkjet ( much better quality than you get from most of the big players for less cost) So would very much like to see people get them framed.
Will also be contacting you soon Keith to see if you have anymore “See it like it frame it” for my new shop


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Great strap line

Posted: Mon 29 Apr, 2019 9:58 am
by prospero
I've seen some quite classy photos taken on a phone cam. It's like everything else, GIGO rules. :lol:

The resolution on modern phone cams is quite good, but the more you enlarge the more any defects will show up.
People used to take photos with 110 negs, get them blown up to 20x30 and wonder why they were a bit blurry. :roll: :lol:

Re: Great strap line

Posted: Mon 29 Apr, 2019 7:45 pm
by poliopete
Keith, I think you could be on to something. :D

With more and more framers adding printing to the service they offer they are generating additional income and framing. The way Ed200 is shaping his business is to be commended as is your effort to encourage more people to enter framing shops. :clap: :clap:

Just lately I've been re-reading my back copies of the excellent PFM and noticed nearly as many articles on the printing side of a framing business as actual framing.

Peter

Re: Great strap line

Posted: Tue 30 Apr, 2019 3:36 am
by Keith Hewitt
Ed209 wrote: Will also be contacting you soon Keith to see if you have anymore “See it like it frame it” for my new shop
Ed

Still have a couple hundred left out of the 5000 I had printed.
Happy to send some to you, and anyone else who can use them.
Pic attached might interest you . Jim Miller's car in USA
Jim is the king of Shadow Box Frames with his super cool number plate

Keith