Page 1 of 1

Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Wed 22 May, 2019 9:27 am
by vintage frames
I'm getting irritating ads splashed all over the forum recently. Is this the way it's going to be or is there some way of controlling them?

Re: Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Wed 22 May, 2019 12:53 pm
by Steve N
I personally don't mind them, in fact I hardly notice them most of the time, it's only 1 per page, under the first post, so once you have moved down the page you can't see them , if it help with the running cost of the forum, well I think it's a very small price to pay



So once you have read this post and moved on to the next one, you will not see the advert on this page :giggle: :giggle: :lol:


Come on, someone add another reply so we will not see the advert :nod: :rofl: :phew:

Re: Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Wed 22 May, 2019 2:27 pm
by vintage frames
No, this is a new thing - maybe only on my PC? I'm getting large banner ads interrupting in the middle of a post. This is different from the usual banner that appeared before for framing companies. The ads are Google Ads. Has no one else got these?

Re: Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Wed 22 May, 2019 2:53 pm
by Justintime
Yes I had them yesterday, they were pretty big and distracting, but don't seem to be here today.

Re: Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Wed 22 May, 2019 3:00 pm
by Steve N
Feeling left out now :envy: :sadsmile: I'm not getting them, only the ones under the first post of each page, bet i get bomb-barded now :sweating: :giggle:

I'm on desktop using firefox and just check chrome and not getting hem

Re: Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Wed 22 May, 2019 3:08 pm
by vintage frames
I'm using Chrome. 'Always happy with the small banner above the first post but these new ads are much larger and actually interrupt a member's post.
They only started appearing after the latest "update". If it's to raise revenue for the forum, then Ok. I just wish they weren't so distracting.

Re: Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Wed 22 May, 2019 3:42 pm
by Steve N
I had a problem when I bought a laptop running windows 8, I ended up with adverts even on my own site, it was some type of app that took over the browser and adding code in it, the app came with the laptop,it kept updating everytime I turned the laptop on!
I found out which one it was a got rid of it

What system are you running, I'm still on window 7 :giggle:

Re: Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Wed 22 May, 2019 3:49 pm
by vintage frames
Windows 10 on my laptop.

Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Wed 22 May, 2019 4:26 pm
by Bobble
I hate the ads too, 3 strips on this topic plus Mainline so far. Awaiting DFS with bated breath. :angry:

Re: Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Wed 22 May, 2019 7:42 pm
by Steve N
I'm now getting g them, but I'm on my tablet, 3 strips, showing mobile phone and campervans, which I have been googling a few days ago :head:

Re: Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Thu 23 May, 2019 9:08 am
by prospero
It has to be said, the ones that appear within the body of a post are a bit off. Otherwise I can live with them as
long as I don't get funeral plans/life insurance/incontinence pads. :? :lol:
Having said that, they seem to be absent today.

Re: Adverts inside new posts.

Posted: Thu 23 May, 2019 4:56 pm
by poliopete
I have three so far plus the ad for "Gunner" at the top. :D

Looking forward to the funeral plan one with Parky' as I could use a Parker Pen :lol: