New CMC book

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
osgood

New CMC book

Post by osgood »

Jared Davis has just released a new book he has written.

"Getting the most value from your CMC" is the title.
Jared has written it so that it is applicable to all CMC owners, no matter what brand they have!

I'm sure that if you contact Jared by PM he will be happy to sell you an invaluable copy!
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

we noticed this at Spring Fair. haven't gotten round to purchasing one yet... is there a Framers' Forum Discount?
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Grahame
who was selling that book at the NEC please
John GCF
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

Gunnar,

Spit has the details i think
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Thanks Grahame

Spit, can you come on back with details please
John GCF
Spit
Organisation: Framing Mad
Interests: Framing, watercolours & CCFC

Post by Spit »

Here you go, but I think the form has to be sent to Oz....

http://www.jared-davis.com/latest_news.htm
http://www.classicbikeart.co.uk

Steve.
During business hours : My status
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

fifty dollars with postage -thats almost two pounds! Are these australians MADE of money ;)
osgood

Post by osgood »

Yes Kev, we are made of money! Can't you see it dripping from our keyboards???
Oh, no......oooooops.......... that's sweat..........sorry!

If you have or are considering getting a CMC it will be money well spent and you will recover your investment almost immediately.
Spit
Organisation: Framing Mad
Interests: Framing, watercolours & CCFC

Post by Spit »

Couldn't Gunnar UK sell them? I would be happy to buy one from somewhere more local!
http://www.classicbikeart.co.uk

Steve.
During business hours : My status
Jared Davis CPF, GCF
Organisation: Www.jareddavis.com.au
Interests: CMC's, Running

Post by Jared Davis CPF, GCF »

Hi Guys,

I literally "just" got the book published, and sent one copy over to Sarah hot off the press just before the Spring Fair. Apparently, someone kindly swiped it off the stand on the first day - so if it's worth stealing, it's worth buying. :)

The book is based on one of my classes - "Unlocking the full potential of your CMC".

In due course, it will probably be available from Gunnar UK direct (ask them!), or you can buy it direct from Australia if you want it sooner as well. A review copy has also been given to the FATG book shop for consideration as well. I haven't heard back from them just yet.

Honestly, I don't really care if people buy it or not - It's not as if I'm going to get rich selling this book. However, I know it's got value, and CMC owners here in Australia have encouraged me to write something like this for years - so I have!

This book has more than 10 years worth of "realistically saleable" great ideas and concepts for making money from CMC's, from the basic opportunities to more specialized opportunities - so regarding the price - there's definitely more than 20 pounds worth of value in it.

It's been written unbiased, and can apply to any CMC owner, not just Gunnar. Not to mention some photos of some great framed ideas & artwork, including some of Osgood's tasteful creations!

As Osgood mentioned too, if you are thinking about a CMC, it is probably a worthwhile read as well, to give you an idea of some of the opportunities that may/may not exist for you - I even wrote a brief chapter on "Buying a CMC" too.

Cheers,

Jared