Valiani Repairs - testing the new provider

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
daviddeer

Valiani Repairs - testing the new provider

Post by daviddeer »

My Valiani 120 has just stopped cutting. The lower pneumatic clamp does not engage properly and the blade does not plunge into the mountboard.
I rang Simons today (monday) as they are now the appointed Valiani people in the UK. After speaking to the receptionist at D J Simons a couple of times I was put through to the Machinery section where I was told to contact Joe on his Mobile. I rang him at 4.50 p.m. and left a message on his ansaphone. I await a reply with baited breath as I feel like I have lost a vital body part.
This seemed like a good opportunity to see what level of service our new Valiani suppliers provide.
So Valiani owners - Watch this space for updates.
Giclee is just a term for a little squirt making lots of money
Remember conservation Framing is an art, for everything else there's Araldite
Mary Case GCF

Re: Valiani Repairs - testing the new provider

Post by Mary Case GCF »

daviddeer wrote:I rang him at 4.50 p.m. and left a message on his ansaphone.
musta been calling him before or just after us David,

remind him about our plight please! We'd appreciate the MatPro 150 that we paid for and not the 120 thaty was sent!
osgood

Re: Valiani Repairs - testing the new provider

Post by osgood »

Mary Case GCF wrote:We'd appreciate the MatPro 150 that we paid for and not the 120 thaty was sent!
That's not a good start, Mary! Anyone can make a mistake, but a supplier shouldn't be making big mistakes like that! I hope you get it sorted quickly!
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Not like Simons to send the wrong stuff!
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

Roboframer wrote:Not like Simons to send the wrong stuff!
i presume it is just a simple mix up, the mat pro 120 that arrived was 1 digit out on the serial number,

i think somewhere in the UK someone has a very big mount cutter that they didn't expect!

hopefully Simons will shine through by arranging immediate uplift and then deliver the correct unit and organise installation at the same time,
Mary Case GCF

Post by Mary Case GCF »

turns out Simons not to blame. wrong machine put in wrong box in Italy. Joe and Cameron doing their utmost to sort it out. we have Rolf's (Birdman) and ours is on a Ferry somewhere between here and the Emerald Isle
birdman
Organisation: Pelican Picture Framing
Interests: Getting up close and personal with Val

Post by birdman »

Mary and Grahame,

Please look after our Valiani. At least you have one, we are still waiting and now have to wait even longer. Big Ah everyone!

No doubt there will be more on this subject in due course.

Rolf :o
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

packaging it up better than it came to us,

unfortunately we don't have those plastic support strip things,
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

I am still waiting as well.

Mine is still in the wharehouse at Simons.

Unfortunately I need to shift the resident one first. Had quite a few 'sniffs' but people offering very silly money - like £3k, so may have to look at E-Baying it.
John GCF
birdman

Post by birdman »

Merlin,

If Simon's send it to me, then I send it to Grahame and Mary and then they re-direct it to you .....

by that time you'll probably be ready for it!

Would that help? :evil: :o
Rolf Lawson GCF
“I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.” Eric Morecambe
My status
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Hi Rolf

That sounds like a good idea.

A consignment of Vals running around the UK just looking for good homes
John GCF
birdman

Post by birdman »

Merlin wrote: That sounds like a good idea.

A consignment of Vals running around the UK just looking for good homes
Sounds like a good old contry and western song

or

Free Range Valiani's - perhaps we could then advertise organic framing?
Rolf Lawson GCF
My status
birdman

Post by birdman »

Whoops - I did mean "country" and western.
Rolf Lawson GCF
My status
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

okay, it isn't pretty, but they are wrapped up safely and securely, with alot of packaging tape, and a ton of bubble wrap where required.
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Grahame
all you need now is a carrier to take it away and deliver your new one.
John GCF
Grahame Case

Post by Grahame Case »

hope we get a much nicer driver than the last time, he wasn't a cheery soul!
Moglet
Organisation: An Urban Myth
Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.

Post by Moglet »

Musical Valianis, eh. Great fun!
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
Image .Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
markw

Post by markw »

Davideer
Sounds like you have a problem with the pneumatics - I had a similar problem a while back - it was a kink in one of the small air lines. Sent me into a mad panic until I calmed down and slowly went through all the possibilities.
daviddeer

Post by daviddeer »

Well Joe phoned me back at around 6.30 p.m. on Monday, from Bristol and asked me what the problem was. I started to explain but he got a call from Italy so he rang back 10 minutes later. He said he would ring Italy to outline the problem and call me back on Tuesday.
So here I am Wednesday 06.38, waiting.

Seems like Joe is guy nominated to look after every Valiani in the country, seems a rather tall order. Anyway time will tell.
Sorry Mary, I would have mentioned your order problem but I checked the forum after I spoke to Joe. That is one hell of a mistake, after all the Italians aren't even on holiday yet!

I am afraid cheerless delivery drivers are dispatched to the outer reaches on humanity as standard practice. To qualify for happy chappies you have to move to central Edinburgh or anywhere else outside Scotland. I am sure the next driver will ever so pleasant after being buffeted around Stranraer and forcing 50 buckets of Caledonian Macbrayne chips down his gullet.

Keep us posted.

Thanks for the kinky pneumatics tip, I'll check my airlines tonight and report back. Suddenly realises he has to crawl under the machine - again!
Giclee is just a term for a little squirt making lots of money
Remember conservation Framing is an art, for everything else there's Araldite
osgood

Post by osgood »

daviddeer wrote: He said he would ring Italy to outline the problem and call me back on Tuesday.
So here I am Wednesday 06.38, waiting.

Seems like Joe is guy nominated to look after every Valiani in the country, seems a rather tall order. Anyway time will tell.
I hope you get your problem sorted out!

One of the most important features to look for when purchasing a CMC is backup service!
It seems to me, by reading of your troubles that this is one area that is a problem for your particular brand in your country!

Delivery of the wrong models to the wrong customers is another negative!

Other prospective buyers of CMC's should be taking careful notes of all these issues.

It reminds me of some computer brand issues that I am noticing here with people I know. I know three people who have recently bought HP computers and all three are having problems and have had to take them back for service, two of them several times in a couple of months.

On the other hand, I and have now had five Dells. The oldest is seven or eight years old and now runs my Gunnar Rapido and after all that time is only now occasionally crashing out to a blue screen of death, but restarts again and continues working. No problems with the others apart from a blown power supply in the second one that was replaced under warranty.

I wonder which brand I will buy to replace it??? :wink: :wink: