Page 1 of 1
Heads or Tails
Posted: Wed 02 Apr, 2008 7:40 pm
by fineedge
I see on Skynews today that a new range of coins is to be introduced in the next few weeks. So I take it a bunch of you will get a set of coins to frame. Would be interesting to see what you do with it if anybody does get such a request.
Posted: Wed 02 Apr, 2008 8:29 pm
by Roboframer
Never had a set of coins to frame - but I have got a set myself with the intention of framing them for a POS display.
Posted: Wed 02 Apr, 2008 9:22 pm
by Merlin
New coins
http://www.royalmint.com/newdesigns/des ... ealed.aspx
These could be very good to frame, especially as the design has been split among the other coins.
CMC ready to go.
Posted: Wed 02 Apr, 2008 10:22 pm
by The Jolly Good Framer #1
I framed a set of coins once it came already in a display mount. Frame around the outside and then glass on the front and back.
Posted: Wed 02 Apr, 2008 10:30 pm
by Moglet
Very clever design, but after the initial novelty wears off, I only like the £! coin overall.
I miss the pre-Yoyo Irish coin designs: I really liked the animal motifs. The other thing I really dislike about the Euro coinage is the lack of distinctiveness between coins. One tends to end up with a permanent 'drunkard's purse' as it takes too long to pick out the odd amounts when paying for stuff.
