Page 1 of 1

White wood distressed decorative moulding

Posted: Mon 31 Oct, 2022 4:35 pm
by paulcse3
Hi everyone,

I often frame 20th-century landscape paintings and clients sometimes ask for a light moulding that fits the original aesthetic, such as the images attached (apologies for the poor quality). I am looking for a similar moulding to propose, do you have any idea where I could find it? The ones I've found feel a little too manufactured so far. Ideally it would a an ornate white-whashed wood with a variation of pattern.

Thanks!

Re: White wood distressed decorative moulding

Posted: Mon 31 Oct, 2022 5:04 pm
by Justintime

Re: White wood distressed decorative moulding

Posted: Tue 01 Nov, 2022 12:43 pm
by prospero
Very Nice. :clap:

In the past I have had great results re-finishing imported ornate frames. The actual frame design is fine, but the typical
brassy gold is a bit naff. They look really classy when I've redone them. 8)

Only problem is they are only available in standard sizes. The Frinton ones are great, but not all paintings justify the cost.

Re: White wood distressed decorative moulding

Posted: Wed 02 Nov, 2022 3:35 pm
by paulcse3
Thanks both! Frinton frames looks great for sure. And good idea to redo some ornate mouldings, I might look into making these finishes now.