Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
This is atypical of some of the standards we see all to often. Many framers work within the realms of this type of workmanship, with no basic woodworking knowledge whatsoever.
Looks like number 2 cord to me. Would that happen to be a Colin Prior photograph by any chance? If it is, we frequently get asked for a narrow frame for these. We politely decline and explain why the customer can't have a narrow frame. The customer is not always right you know
Rarely see any Colin Prior prints up here except for postcards. I like his work though and he seems to go to great lengths to get the right shot.
The frame contained a local panorama by my collegue, similar to the ash framed ones in this pic. Very popular with visitors & locals so the more he sells the better for me !.
I've used this method of bracing in the past, but at least I manged to fix the braces to the back of the frame with screws. The ones in the picture are truly neither use nor ornament. They are not even spaced evenly.
Another dubious staple practice is fixing liners by shooting points into the liner and stapling the points to the outer frame. I've even seen this done with canvases. Slightly better than wacking great big nails though the stretcher bars though....