Page 1 of 1
very thin wood wedges
Posted: Wed 11 Jan, 2023 10:01 pm
by hamishfour
Hi
I'm trying to buy 2mm thick wedges for canvas stretchers, I've ordered from a few places and keep getting sent 3mm or bigger. I need about 200 - any suggestions please.
Thanks
Re: very thin wood wedges
Posted: Thu 12 Jan, 2023 4:52 am
by prospero
You can buy 2mm ply (some on Amazon) All you need then is a saw.
Not as irksome as it sounds. A Japanese pull-saw and a guide jig will make short work.

Re: very thin wood wedges
Posted: Thu 12 Jan, 2023 7:54 am
by Tudor Rose
I’m not aware of anywhere that does those. Have you considered getting some made out of 2mm MDF (or PLY as per prospero’s suggestion)? You could cut some by hand, but with the quantity you need it would be easier to get them cut on a CNC by a woodworking firm. They’d need a template and a sheet of board.
Re: very thin wood wedges
Posted: Thu 12 Jan, 2023 10:03 am
by Gesso&Bole
First result on google search brings this up.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294781734785 ... B92173544&
It doesn't quote the thickness, but would be worth contacting the seller, to see if they can do 2mm.
Re: very thin wood wedges
Posted: Thu 12 Jan, 2023 10:16 am
by Gesso&Bole
Failing that, I could laser cut them for you in 2mm or 2.5mm MDF. I would need the exact shape you want. for 200 it would be £30 + postage
Re: very thin wood wedges
Posted: Thu 12 Jan, 2023 11:42 am
by BaBaZa
These are 2.1mm, drop a message with your contact details if you'd like a sample:
https://mainlinemouldings.com/index.php ... goryID=769