Page 1 of 1
Identify tray frame moulding please.
Posted: Thu 16 Feb, 2023 2:49 pm
by Jon_Brooke
I need to match to a customer's existing pictures (framed elsewhere).
I am looking for a tray frame moulding that is 45 mm x 33 mm and with the 33 mm side perpendicular to the wall the facing edge is 10 mm.
Already looked at Wessex, Centrado, Lion and R&H catalogues but can't see one exactly the same.
Existing frame has been painted but It's hard to tell what wood it might have been as it's been sanded very smooth and the back was taped over so you couldn't see any bare wood.
Thanks
Re: Identify tray frame moulding please.
Posted: Thu 16 Feb, 2023 3:27 pm
by vintage frames
Can i ask exactly what you're looking for?
Is it a tray-frame that is at least 45mm high with a 10mm face?
Re: Identify tray frame moulding please.
Posted: Thu 16 Feb, 2023 3:38 pm
by Fruitini
LJ 638400000 has internal dims very close to 45x33mm. The facing edge is 15mm though. I guess you could rip it down if you have access to a table saw?
https://larsonjuhl.co.uk/mouldings/lars ... -638400000
Re: Identify tray frame moulding please.
Posted: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 6:44 am
by Timh
Do you have a picture of it?
Re: Identify tray frame moulding please.
Posted: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 10:49 am
by Jon_Brooke
IMG_5562.jpeg
It's the outside dimensions that are 45 x 33
Front face of the upstand bit is 10 mm
I've found a few that are similar but I'm looking for identical - I'm pretty sure it's a current moulding as I think this frame was done in the last few months.
Re: Identify tray frame moulding please.
Posted: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 11:37 am
by vintage frames
Have a look at A300 R&H.
Turn it on its side and you have a top face 10mm and a height of 48mm.
Re: Identify tray frame moulding please.
Posted: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 11:42 am
by jay
Ashworth & Thompson might be worth a look as they have similar, if not the same.
Re: Identify tray frame moulding please.
Posted: Fri 17 Feb, 2023 11:59 am
by JKX
If there’s a chance it’s factory finished it could be from l juhls coastal woods. There’s one very very close bearing in mind suppliers measurements aren’t always bang on - plus batch to batch plus your measurements may not be bang on etc etc
