Casesse new cartridges not working - is it the underpinner, cartridgies or (quite possibly) me?

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
WannabeFramer
Organisation: Arlais Framing
Interests: Arts, crafts, framing and walking

Casesse new cartridges not working - is it the underpinner, cartridgies or (quite possibly) me?

Post by WannabeFramer »

Hi all,

I have been looking through the manual and other threads but I can't quite fathom where the issue lies, so I can work backwards to fix it. It may quite possibly be me. :oops:

I have a CS79, and have been using the cartridges that came with it OK (10mm and 7mm). I bought 3 new different size cartridges and can only get one to work (12mm). The wedges are not going up at all, but the hammer is. The old cartridges are fine if I swap back over.

This may sound really stupid, but do I have to do anything to the cartridge before putting it in for the first time? So the wedges can come through the plastic? On the 12mm I cut a small 'nick' which made it work, but that didn't work on another one. I can physically slide the wedges up with my thumb and they slide freely, but just not going up in the machine.

Reading that Casesse have not gone under, I want to get some more wedges to last me, but also don't want to break them.
rubyred25
Organisation: Picture Framing
Interests: Dressmaking, Dog Walking, Family

Re: Casesse new cartridges not working - is it the underpinner, cartridgies or (quite possibly) me?

Post by rubyred25 »

I had this same problem when I first got my CS79 - found I had to slightly push any new cassese cassette forward towards the hammer to get it to click into place and from then onwards it would accept the wedges as normal, worth giving a try on yours x
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Re: Casesse new cartridges not working - is it the underpinner, cartridgies or (quite possibly) me?

Post by Justintime »

Cassese will very likely be back in production again soon...
https://www.cassese.com/
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
WannabeFramer
Organisation: Arlais Framing
Interests: Arts, crafts, framing and walking

Post by WannabeFramer »

Thanks both. I'll keep fiddling. And useful about Casesse!