football shirt design

Get help and framing advice from the framing community
Kwik Picture Framing
Organisation: Kwik Picture Framing
Interests: Picture framing
Making just that little bit of difference to someone, somewhere.

football shirt design

Post by Kwik Picture Framing »

Good afternoon I wonder if you could help me I'm trying to find an image of football shirts frames with a mount on top in the early 2000s or maybe in the 90s or pre 2010. Does anyone have any pics of the shirt frames mount used on top to display the shirt?. Any image that was posted online, social media or any leaflet or photo preferably with a date on. We are asking becuase we are trying to get DIY shirt frame with mount cut out shaped like a shirt design invalided. I would really appreciate it if you could help me. Kind Regards Suki
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Re: football shirt design

Post by Tudor Rose »

Hi Suki

It might help get responses if you give a clearer idea of what you are after, and why.

There was a Forum post in 2019 that referred to mount designs being registered, such as these https://www.registered-design.service.g ... gnsbyowner which caused a discussion at the time, see page 2 of the discussions on this thread --> viewtopic.php?p=132185#p132185

As these kinds of designs are used widely by framers in the UK and around the world, particularly those framers with a CMC, more clarification would help Forum members understand your interest in this.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
Nige2261
Organisation: First impressions Bespoke Framing
Interests: Photography swimming time with my family

Post by Nige2261 »

What he’s trying to say is that a guy who sells diy shirt frames with a mount is claiming the he owns the copy right to the design of the mount used in the DIY shirt framing kit that are sold on eBay. It’s cut on a cmc and it’s a design that is widely used in the cmc world and most framers who do sports shirts can and do use this type of layout. But this guy is being accused of copyright infringement and has had his listing removed by another framer ! Bullying comes to mind I’ve seen the communication to the framer thats posted for advice . If any one has any mount designers pre 2010 that will rebuke these stupid claims of copy right infringement please post them on here as some framers are suffering due to lost revenue and times are hard enough.
Tudor Rose

Post by Tudor Rose »

Thank you for the information Nige2261.

I think that was the same sort of sentiment being shared back in 2019 when other very basic simple mount layouts were being "protected" as per my link, when again they are widely used. Hopefully other framers can help with shared images.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv

Nige2261

Post by Nige2261 »

Your welcome im amazed at this all mount cutters have basic designed is this guy in question going to try calming he owns them too !
Artsypaul
Organisation: Artsylaser
Interests: Football, and all things vw

Post by Artsypaul »

I am having the same trouble with the same framer! Claiming I used his designs as inspiration for my frames (Yes mate of course I did!! :lol: ), These are designs put together using the gunnar CMC software available to anyone with a CMC machine...
These are basic shirt mounts we all use everyday for framing shirts as its simple and quick to do, how the IPO office can allow such simple designs to be registered is a joke.
Basically he wants to be the only seller on any of the online marketplaces selling this product!

Any images pre 2010 anyone has will help put this nonsense to bed and allow us to start listing the products again...
Nige2261

Post by Nige2261 »

Hello .
Yeah this guy thinks he’s the only one to be allowed to produce this product ! Pineapple Aroundshot ltd were doing this type of framing way back in 2004
For most of the football clubs . They also framed for the likes of Icons and A1 also Liverpool and David Holland (Exclusive Memorabilia) i know this as it was my company we were the biggest producer of framed supporting items in the uk . Including Stadium Panoramic photos to just about every club in the uk and lots in Europe to .
Artsypaul

Post by Artsypaul »

Nige2261 wrote: Sat 15 Jul, 2023 10:23 am Hello .
Yeah this guy thinks he’s the only one to be allowed to produce this product ! Pineapple Aroundshot ltd were doing this type of framing way back in 2004
For most of the football clubs . They also framed for the likes of Icons and A1 also Liverpool and David Holland (Exclusive Memorabilia) i know this as it was my company we were the biggest producer of framed supporting items in the uk . Including Stadium Panoramic photos to just about every club in the uk and lots in Europe to .
Hey Nigel Do you have any images or literature from your old company? It would be absolute evidence to shut this nonsense down once and for all!!

Thanks in advance

Paul
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Post by JFeig »

Paul, look at my posting of the other thread (Plagiarism).
He did publish the design on the open internet before he registered the design.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
Nige2261

Post by Nige2261 »

Hi Paul .

I’m hopping one of my friends has something however the likes of Allstar signing icons and Exclusive memorabilia use these designes we framed
Shirt like this at Pineapple well before 2010. .
Artsypaul

Post by Artsypaul »

Morning All, quick update on this design patent nonsense. I have put in an invalidation claim with the IPO office against the original designs back in 2010 and yesterday I received notification from the framers solicitor that if I don't remove the claims and sign a document stating that I will NEVER produce a frame kit like this again I will be dragged thru the courts for compensation and damages!! what a joke!

Question is do I step away and leave him to it or do I risk losing but take the bully on?
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

It sounds like an empty threat, a bullying tactic. No judge is going to listen to a case until the IPO office has reached a decision on your invalidation claim. Personally I would file the letter away (in the "other" pile) until a decision has been reached. Alternatively, you begin a campaign of letter writing to their solicitor compelling them to answer one question each time, racking up a massive solicitors bill for them in the process. This is risky though, as a solicitors letters should more often than not be replied to by your solicitor. "Do not engage" is still the best course of action imho, as engaging just gives a bully the attention they crave.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Tudor Rose

Post by Tudor Rose »

"Do not engage" as advised by Justin seems very sensible advice.

It might also be worth contacting the CMC manufacturers as well if you haven't already done so - there are so many templates and formats on their systems and they would have evidence of dates and so on for when those were created.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv

vintage frames
Organisation: https://www.dermotmcardle.co.uk/
Interests: Making picture frames

Post by vintage frames »

Totally agree with Justin.

It's a B&B letter - bullshit and bluster.

"Do not engage" - it tends to annoy them even more.
Affordable Gilding Course for Professional Framers-https://www.dermotmcardle.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/dermotmcardle/