Page 1 of 1
Framing a 17" Bicycle Frame
Posted: Mon 28 Apr, 2008 7:34 pm
by Bagel Framer
Hi,
I had a voicemail today to frame a 17" bicycle in a frame - like you do...!
Has anyone ever been approached to do one, if so what was involved?
I assume the bike doesn't have handle bars....!
Thanks,
Sean
Re: Framing a 17" Bicycle Frame
Posted: Mon 28 Apr, 2008 8:49 pm
by Moglet
Bagel Framer wrote:I assume the bike doesn't have handle bars....!
'Assume' or 'hope', Seán?!!

Posted: Mon 28 Apr, 2008 9:10 pm
by Roboframer
Posted: Tue 29 Apr, 2008 10:07 am
by Bagel Framer
Yes, here's hoping that they're are no handlebars Moglet
Thanks Roboframer - that's a good link there to the Grumble and the frame that was framed looks good.
In the event that I did embark on the project, presumably the frame would have to be made from a number of extenders (which moudling supplier would supply them COD I don't know), or one could make a big, deep frame out of timber then some-how front it with a moulding.
The plot thickens...!
Posted: Wed 07 May, 2008 11:33 am
by Bagel Framer
....a firm in Essex can make a bespoke acrylic case which is a snip at £370 - I'd have to arrange collection and make the wooden backing.
Another option is to look into making a deep frame using extender bars/mouldings - do you know of any suppliers of extender bars in the UK who I could approach?
Thanks,
Sean