L100 Blades

Computerised Mount Cutters, Computers, other gadgetry.
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

L100 Blades

Post by StevenG »

Hi Folks

I need another box of blades - L100 so I was just looking at online pricing and found this ....

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 61859.html

What do you think? Are these the real deal or copies? Good copies? I'm sure the user base for this type of product is fairly limited compared to most items so I can't think why anyone would invest the time & effort to make 'copies'

Pricing is incredible though - I can basically buy 4 boxes for roughly the cost of 1

But if something sounds too good to be true there's usually a good reason :?
JKX
Organisation: None - retired
Interests: Gardening. Walking. DIY. Retired framer of 20 plus years, keeping my hand in.

Re: L100 Blades

Post by JKX »

They’re branded valiani
I remember buying eco blades, they were black and they were fine, if they didn’t last as long it wasn’t half as long!

Is this the same? Also marked “eco”

https://djsimons.co.uk/product/valiani- ... ters-only/
John Turner

The ex framer Formerly Known As RoboFramer.
StevenG
Organisation: Featurepiece Frames
Interests: Movies, always trying to get things better, Wasting money on things I don't need, reading stuff on here, eating sandwiches & being thankful for the small things

Re: L100 Blades

Post by StevenG »

Ah! Didn't spot the ECO part, I did see they were branded but it wouldn't be hard to print a few stickers :)

Anyway, I know everyone is wondering what I did next - Nothing, apart from buying a box at full price from my regular supplier :)

On a similar topic, I once bought a box of LC100 blades in error, they seemed to cut fine but I was told they were the wrong blade and advised not to use them. I can't see any physical difference in the L100 & LC100 blades though and the cuts seemed fine. I have the majority of a full box sitting here at a bargain price if anyone is interested :wink: