Page 1 of 1

Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Wed 25 Oct, 2023 3:43 pm
by AtelierFrames
I have had a request from a customer if I can frame something with a skull and crossbones frame moulding.

Does anything like this exist from any UK suppliers?

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Wed 25 Oct, 2023 3:54 pm
by Tudor Rose
Flagship Framing did a moulding with tiny skulls all over it in four colours. Unfortunately they've gone out of business now, but it was one we used in 3 of the colours at various times.

We've still got 2 lengths of the silver version if that is any good to you. Moulding is 52mm wide.

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Wed 25 Oct, 2023 4:12 pm
by Rainbow
Centrado have taken over Flagship Framing so it might be worth giving them a call.

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Wed 25 Oct, 2023 4:17 pm
by AtelierFrames
Thanks for the quick response.
I will ask the question with centrado as I feel the moulding would be a popular choice for a few of my customers.

Tudor Rose - I will share the image with my customer to see if this is what they are wanting. If it is, I will come back to you.

Thanks again.

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Wed 25 Oct, 2023 10:09 pm
by JKX
Unless there’s a moulding that has the design available in different orientations for top/bottom and sides, two rails will have the heads on their sides, which will look pretty pants IMO

I would be tempted to be a bit flash and make resin casts. You can buy moulds and you could also make your own moulds.

Then fix them to a flat plain profile and paint/stain and even gild, or foil, partially or otherwise.
Then you could give options, many options. One in each corner, one in each corner and two or three smaller between on each side, all around with however much space between, but whichever, they’ll all be the right way up and the frame will be unique!

https://www.cakecraftcompany.com/tools- ... uld-p8314J




..

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Thu 26 Oct, 2023 8:06 am
by Tudor Rose
This is the black version. It’s not to everyone’s taste, but I think it’s different and subtle enough to look pretty good. IMO of course 8)

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Thu 26 Oct, 2023 8:15 am
by JKX
But no crossbones 😆

My link doesn’t seem to work so here’s a screenshot - plenty more if you google “skull and crossbones mould” too.

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Thu 26 Oct, 2023 8:38 am
by Tudor Rose
JKX wrote: Thu 26 Oct, 2023 8:15 am But no crossbones 😆
Very true! :roll:

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Thu 26 Oct, 2023 9:12 am
by JKX
Here’s an easier way, you can buy them for jewellery making - just stick them on - maybe even buy a batch of coloured glass beads for their eyes!

https://www.wellmadetools.co.uk/hand-no ... pack-of-20




…

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Fri 15 Dec, 2023 3:18 pm
by BaBaZa
Skull mouldings have arrived: https://mainlinemouldings.com/skull/?limit=50

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Sat 16 Dec, 2023 7:51 pm
by AtelierFrames
Ooh fab. Thanks for sharing.
I dont need it now, but I have a feeling a few of my customer will like this 😁

Re: Skull and crossbones frame moulding

Posted: Sat 16 Dec, 2023 8:09 pm
by JKX
It’s a no-brainer