Vegas baby!

Financial, legal, advertising, pricing, marketing, accountancy, bookkeeping, employment, taxation, etc.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Vegas baby!

Post by Justintime »

Mrs George The Framer says I should go!!
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Gesso&Bole
Organisation: Jeremy Anderson Picture Frame Maker
Interests: Framing pictures, testing out the latest gismos, and sharing picture framing knowledge

Re: Vegas baby!

Post by Gesso&Bole »

I've been a few times - you won't regret it. Get booked in for as many training sessions as you can.

Enjoy!
Jeremy (Jim) Anderson
Picture Framer and Framing Industry Educator
https://www.jeremyanderson.co.uk/
https://www.instagram.com/ja_picture_framer/
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Go for it! You absolutely won't regret it. Especially as it is back in a hotel on the Strip. If you book a room with their special deal then you save on the resort fee, which can add a lot to the cost of your stay.

Book as many classes as you can across a range of subjects and as many social events as you can. And if they are offering the deal on classes then we found that was worthwhile. We found some classes more worthwhile than others, a few of the tutors had clearly been parachuted in to teach someone else's work and weren't totally at ease with it, but generally a mix of practical classes and lectures suits really well.

But do give yourself time to go around the trade show as well and be hugely jealous of all the mouldings and kit that they can access in the US that we don't get over here :shock: And if you can stay an extra day or so then a trip to the Grand Canyon (we used Pink Jeep Tours who were brilliant and picked you up and dropped you back to your hotel) and time to explore Vegas is well worth it.
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Master from May 2019 to May 2022
JKX
Organisation: None - retired
Interests: Gardening. Walking. DIY. Retired framer of 20 plus years, keeping my hand in.

Post by JKX »

I went in 2009, spent the week there and got a good deal with Expedia, including the pink jeep tour, which I’ll second as being great - and passes for things like the monorail.

I divided the cost of the trip in to an estimate of the amount of frames I’d make in X months previous - it worked out at 30p, which I added to every frame and called it VAT - vegas added tax.

Later I simply would have entered it in to framiac as an annual expense of course.

The grumble Chinese dinner extravaganza was the highlight for me!
John Turner

The ex framer Formerly Known As RoboFramer.
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

Thanks all, it's not going to take much persuasion for me to push the button! Just waiting to hear back from a framer friend, who may come with me.
Yes I'm waiting for updates about the workshops and bulk deals, sounds like the way forward. Thanks for the encouragement!
Anyone else thinking about going?
www.wcafexpo.com
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
Mike@GTP
Organisation: Get The Picture Framing & Thegrumble.com
Interests: Framing, technology, electronics. Computer consultant, 3d printing enthusiast, and framer

Post by Mike@GTP »

The file schedule is live now, for WCAF.
Frame shop: Get The Picture Framing RI USA
Administrator: The Picture Framers Grumble
POS & CMC comparison lists: Click Here