Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
dcowan100
Organisation: Gilded Lily Framing
Interests: Walking, cycling, dogs, DIY

Wall-mounting a Gunnar CMC

Post by dcowan100 »

I'm considering wall mounting my gunnar f1 cmc to free up some workshop space, anyone else done something similar?
JFeig
Organisation: minoxy, LLC
Interests: non-fiction knowledge

Re: Wall-mounting a Gunnar CMC

Post by JFeig »

I would not recommend it from an engineering viewpoint as it is a precision machine. The slightest twist in the bed of the machine might damage the machine while it is operating.
It is feasible; however, the bracing of the machine, to have a square platform each time it is placed into operating position, might be tricky for such a piece of heavy equipment. The machine might definitely have to be recalibrated for flatness and squareness for proper operation each time it moved.

Permanent mounting is however a definite posibility; however, there might be some "fall out" issues unless it is mounted at an angle in the 60-80° range.
Jerome Feig CPF®
http://www.minoxy.com
Justintime
Organisation: George The Framer LLP
Interests: Gardening, design, electronic music, good food and beverages.

Post by Justintime »

To make use of all available space, I flipped the stand around so that the metal logo bar was facing the back, allowing me to utilise all of the space underneath for mountboard storage.
I'm sure Sarah from Gunnar UK would be able to give you a definitive yes or no about this.
Justin George GCF(APF)
Insta: georgetheframer
dcowan100
Organisation: Gilded Lily Framing
Interests: Walking, cycling, dogs, DIY

Post by dcowan100 »

Thanks guys. I've been in contact with Sarah and she has given me some information.

All the best, Dave