Page 1 of 1

Advice on UNI-200 Auto Gum Tape Machine

Posted: Sat 20 Sep, 2008 8:43 am
by absolute framing
Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing the above Auto Gum Tape Machine from Lion (3996)

http://www.lionpic.co.uk/product/UNI-20 ... 10646.aspx

Just wondering if anyone has one, and how they find it ?

Reviews and recommendations would be much appreciated.

Re: Advice on UNI-200 Auto Gum Tape Machine

Posted: Sat 20 Sep, 2008 11:19 am
by prospero
:wink: Looks very similar to mine. I have had it so long that I can't remember where I got it from. :oops: They may seem expensive but they save a lot of time in the long run. The measuring scale is handy, but don't count on it too much for accuracy. If may take a bit of tweaking to get it running smoothly - in particular the hight of the plate in front of the wet brush. Also, I find that the last few metres on a roll tends to jam as it is more tightly wound than the outside. I use 4" wide rolls and instead of just dropping them into the machine, I put an old pen or something thought the middle and rest on the feed plates.

I must have had mine at least 20 years and it has been no bother and still good as new. Can't say fairer than that. :wink:

Re: Advice on UNI-200 Auto Gum Tape Machine

Posted: Tue 23 Sep, 2008 12:28 pm
by BookFrames
I have been using one of these for two years with no problems and concur with Prospero's comments. It's a great time saver & there is very little messing around with water. With lighter 2 inch tape it tended to jam but I got around this by leaving off the front weight for this tape only. I bought mine from AMD, think we paid about E450.
Leo

Re: Advice on UNI-200 Auto Gum Tape Machine

Posted: Tue 23 Sep, 2008 2:58 pm
by absolute framing
Thanks for your replies :!:

looks like i'll be getting a few quotes for a Gum-Tape Machine

Cheers