Page 1 of 1

PFM

Posted: Fri 01 Jul, 2005 2:39 pm
by evanstheframe
Hi All & Steven LOL,
Does anyone by any chance have an old issue of "Picture Framing Magazine" they can part with please? I have been told it is a very good mag but I have sent them several emails for info and thy have not replied to any. So I thought I would try my luck and see if someone could be so kind as to send me a back issue so I can see if its worth ordering.

Many thanks,
ETF

Posted: Sat 02 Jul, 2005 12:10 pm
by Dermot
This is the link to the online version of “The Picture Framing Magazine” (US) http://www.pictureframingmagazine.com/ you need to register to gain access.....

There is some super stuff in the archives……many many many hours of reading…..enjoy….


Dermot

Posted: Sun 03 Jul, 2005 1:22 am
by markw
I subscribed to PFM before Christmas - first copy arrived about May - second copy seemed to arrive a month later. Its a very good publication. I am of the opinion that we have an awful lot to learn about marketing "the product" from the American market. Sorry - you cant have one of my copies - but as Dermot has indicated, you can get a lot of the articles online.

Interesting to compare the two uk mags -The Picture Business - Art Business Today. Both very slick - well produced magazines - they dont get close to the informative and educational content of PFM - i would say that PFM is written for framers with masses of content written by framers. The UK mags are written by journalists about the art business with a little bit of content written by framers - with an overall result that the mags feel more designed to fit the Art business - no suprise considering the titles - But when considering the readership base will almost certainly be dominated by framers then i feel the PFM is the better publication.

Art Business Today has a wonderfully informative 4 page section on the annual FATG awards :roll:

Picture Framing mag.

Posted: Fri 08 Jul, 2005 10:04 am
by Keith Hewitt
If you tell me your address I will post you some back copies.

Regards,

Keith Hewitt
Slater Harrison
Bollington
Macclesfield