Page 1 of 1

Boxes.

Posted: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 8:51 am
by Not your average framer
Here's an example of a box and lid made by stacking some nice and easy to use, value for money mouldings. The lid is made from Simons 0PIN/0028 plus Simons M0099 or M0099A (I can't remember which I used in this case) and the box is made from Simons 0PIN/0029 plus Simons M0092C.

The bottom of the box is lined with 1.6mm styrene, (plastic glass), with a piece of green mountboard behind it. The glass in the lid is held in place with a small gold flat slip, which is fixed in place with Fletcher multi-points and screws.

The box has been finished using the little match pot jars of Craig & Rose 1829 range of chalking emulsion paints and then finished with Black Bison wax and acrylic wax effect varnish. The mouldings are very economical to buy and work well in combination together.

The customer wants this to contain some sort of game based on small tiles, which will be moved around within the box which has been made to specific dimensions to suit the game.
Box with lift off lid 1.jpg
Box with lift off lid 2.jpg

Re: Boxes.

Posted: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 5:26 pm
by barefaced framer
You have a sofa in your workshop ?

Wish we had the space.

:lol:

Re: Boxes.

Posted: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 6:25 pm
by Not your average framer
Sofa? No that would be luxury! I am tempted to mention a Monty Python joke, but I shall resist.

I live above the shop next door and from my front door to the back door of my shop is less than 10 metres, so it's easy to things at home where I have more space.