hey guys
i am looking at the fletcher 2200 mount cutter
one thing that has me confused is the border size settings, having looked in the online version of the manual, i cant figure out how for example i could cut a mount with say a 52mm border
is it possible or not?
am i better looking at the keencut ultimat gold instead?
fletcher 2200
-
Big Ada
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Fri 30 Jan, 2009 12:31 pm
- Location: West Midlands
- Organisation: Stourbridge
- Interests: Photography, Picture Framing, Football, Golf and Fishing
- Contact:
Re: fletcher 2200
Hi,
I,ve been using the flecher 2200 in my workshop for 12 months now, we have no problems at all cutting mounts with any difficult size borders. Its simple there are 3 measuring scales, one for the top border, one for the bottom and one for the left hand border. Once calibrated make first cut then turn mountboard anti-clockwise direction make three more cuts and jobs a good un'. If you visit www.flecherviscom.com click on 'owners maual' link at the foot of the page it explains it a bit more in detail. The manual makes it sound a lot harder than it actually is (as all manuals do).
I had a play on the flecher and the keencut at Lion in birmingham and the flecher came out on top for me.
I hope this helps.
Adrian
I,ve been using the flecher 2200 in my workshop for 12 months now, we have no problems at all cutting mounts with any difficult size borders. Its simple there are 3 measuring scales, one for the top border, one for the bottom and one for the left hand border. Once calibrated make first cut then turn mountboard anti-clockwise direction make three more cuts and jobs a good un'. If you visit www.flecherviscom.com click on 'owners maual' link at the foot of the page it explains it a bit more in detail. The manual makes it sound a lot harder than it actually is (as all manuals do).
I had a play on the flecher and the keencut at Lion in birmingham and the flecher came out on top for me.
I hope this helps.
Adrian
