Framing a large poster paint picture

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
johns

Framing a large poster paint picture

Post by johns »

I have been asked by a school to frame a 4 foot by 3 foot painting done in poster paint and pencil, with a deep texture ( blobbs of paint ). It will have to be glazzed in plastic glass for safety.

Can anybody tell me will the plastic glass be safe with poster paint and pencil or will the static be damaging.

cheers

Johns
markw

Post by markw »

Plastic glass shouldnt be a problem - you need to use the scratch resistant stuff - Glass and Mirror can supply it cut to size. You will need to use a spacer or slip to allow for the uneven surface - one concern using plastic might be its flexibility - when spaced away from the work - the non scratch stuff is, I think, more rigid than standard perspex.
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Post by Merlin »

Agree with MarkW on this one. Acrylic at 3mm or even 4mm will do the job. Have done quite a few for schools locally.

Also as the 'professional or expert' the onus is on you to inform on health and safety aspects. Acrylic as you pointed out, but also wall fixings must be substantial, as you will have a fair weight hanging there.

Good Luck
John GCF