Hi all,
As you may know, I am imminently winding up my business in Newcastle West, Co. Limerick, and will not be keeping my equipment. It's currently on lease, but with the leasing company's blessing, they have asked me to advertise here for buyers. I need to get guide prices from them (due in the next couple of days), but they have indicated that all reasonable and fair offers will be considered.
The equipment is only 4½ years old, has had relatively light use (small town framer) and is in perfect working order.
The equipment will be available by the end of February 2010 at the very latest, so prompt responses to this offer would be greatly appreciated.
The schedule of equipment for sale is as follows:
1. Keencut Excalibur 5000 (cuts up to 60" sheet materials) - already have a request for first refusal on this item, so please register your interest ASAP.
2. Beidermann Vacuum/Heat Press and vacuum pump - approx dimensions 42x55".
3. Cassese CS-88 Foot-operated Underpinner.
4. Morso F Mitre Guillotine (metric - foot operated)
5. Set of spare Morso F Blades
6. Keencut Oval 6 Mountcutter.
I also have a broad selection of mountboard and mouldings available for sale, and would be happy for interested buyers to "cherrypick" from what's here.
I may also have some Keencut workbenches for sale, and possibly a Proteus bench with mountboard storage capability, so if you're looking for similar, please keep an eye on this thread for further details.
All interested in potentially purchasing this equipment, please can you PM me your contact numbers ASAP.
Also, if you have Skype phone capability, I would appreciate it if you could also send me your Skype User Name.
URGENT - Framing Equipment for Sale
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
-
Moglet
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: Mon 25 Jun, 2007 5:43 pm
- Location: The Shire
- Organisation: An Urban Myth
- Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.
- Contact:
URGENT - Framing Equipment for Sale
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
.Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
.Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.-
Moglet
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: Mon 25 Jun, 2007 5:43 pm
- Location: The Shire
- Organisation: An Urban Myth
- Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.
- Contact:
Re: URGENT - Framing Equipment for Sale
PS: Reason for sale is that I am moving back to the UK and taking a sabbatical for health reasons.
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
.Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
.Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.-
greenfields
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2008 8:03 pm
- Location: co.donegal
Re: URGENT - Framing Equipment for Sale
hi i was looking for a underpinner can you give me some more info
-
Moglet
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: Mon 25 Jun, 2007 5:43 pm
- Location: The Shire
- Organisation: An Urban Myth
- Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.
- Contact:
Re: URGENT - Framing Equipment for Sale
Details for the Cassese CS-88 Underpinner from the Lion website:
http://www.lionpic.co.uk/product/CASSES ... ,7793.aspx
Given that I'm only a "small town framer", the machine is pretty much "as new" conditionwise. Includes heads for soft and hard woods, and a spacer for pinning narrow mouldings.
The machine is very easy to use, is extremely reliable and, when used with care and respect, only occasionally requires minimal calibration to ensure that the pinning angle is adjusted to 90 degrees (a very simple job using a metallic engineering square).
If you need any more info, please let me know.
http://www.lionpic.co.uk/product/CASSES ... ,7793.aspx
Given that I'm only a "small town framer", the machine is pretty much "as new" conditionwise. Includes heads for soft and hard woods, and a spacer for pinning narrow mouldings.
The machine is very easy to use, is extremely reliable and, when used with care and respect, only occasionally requires minimal calibration to ensure that the pinning angle is adjusted to 90 degrees (a very simple job using a metallic engineering square).
If you need any more info, please let me know.
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
.Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
.Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.-
WelshFramer
- Posts: 996
- Joined: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:03 am
- Location: Llanwrtyd Wells
- Organisation: Neuadd Bwll Framing
- Interests: Does running a framing business leave any time for interests?
- Location: Llanwrtyd Wells
- Contact:
Re: URGENT - Framing Equipment for Sale
Superb machine.
And very easy to service or repair should anything go wrong. At least, I think it would be as I can't speak from experience as mine's never needed repairing. I bought it 2nd hand on eBay about 5 years ago.
And very easy to service or repair should anything go wrong. At least, I think it would be as I can't speak from experience as mine's never needed repairing. I bought it 2nd hand on eBay about 5 years ago.
-
Moglet
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: Mon 25 Jun, 2007 5:43 pm
- Location: The Shire
- Organisation: An Urban Myth
- Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.
- Contact:
Re: URGENT - Framing Equipment for Sale
Thanks for the reference, Mike!
As Mike says, it is very easy to maintain. It comes with a little gizmo for clearing the very rare occasions when a wedge jams. The only repair that I've needed to make on the machine was to replace the cable, and it's an easy-peasy job to do.
As Mike says, it is very easy to maintain. It comes with a little gizmo for clearing the very rare occasions when a wedge jams. The only repair that I've needed to make on the machine was to replace the cable, and it's an easy-peasy job to do.
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
.Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
.Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.-
Moglet
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: Mon 25 Jun, 2007 5:43 pm
- Location: The Shire
- Organisation: An Urban Myth
- Interests: I'll let you know if I get my life back.
- Contact:
Re: URGENT - Framing Equipment for Sale
Hi all,
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to take the above list of equipment off the market because my leasing company are not exactly being flexible on what would be the remaining balance on the lease;the equity I already have in the equipment would be lost, and therefore it makes more financial sense to hang on to the kit for now.
Who knows, if ever I recover enough to be able to do some work, I may be grateful some day that I'm being pretty much forced into keeping it. At least the decision is based on the financial realities of the situation rather than a fantasy that I will undergo a "miraculous cure" when I get out of here (oh, I wish...!
). If I don't recover, then I will always have the option to put it on the market at some stage in the future. Or maybe I'll be glad of it when I reach "official retirement age" and will no longer be eligible for social assistance...
Boy, life can really suck at times...
I would very much like to thank all of you who took time to reply to my ad, and who made offers on the equipment. If I had been able to go through with the sale, it would have been a comfort to me to know that my kit would have gone to loving homes.
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to take the above list of equipment off the market because my leasing company are not exactly being flexible on what would be the remaining balance on the lease;the equity I already have in the equipment would be lost, and therefore it makes more financial sense to hang on to the kit for now.
Who knows, if ever I recover enough to be able to do some work, I may be grateful some day that I'm being pretty much forced into keeping it. At least the decision is based on the financial realities of the situation rather than a fantasy that I will undergo a "miraculous cure" when I get out of here (oh, I wish...!
Boy, life can really suck at times...
I would very much like to thank all of you who took time to reply to my ad, and who made offers on the equipment. If I had been able to go through with the sale, it would have been a comfort to me to know that my kit would have gone to loving homes.
........Áine JGF SGF FTB
.Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.
.Briseann an dúchas trí shuiligh an chuit.